Pay It Forward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay It Forward?

Lads, this is something I've seen done on other forums and has worked quite well.

As most the IMO membership are serving or have served, in various militaries(sp?), across the globe, we're all bound to have ended up with heaps of kit that we may not use anymore or have more than one of. How about a thread, where members, upon discovering items they may no longer use or have a need for, offer it up to the board, free of charge, for anyone who wants it?

First person to claim it, gets it. However, the catch is that if you recieve an item from another member, you must "pay it forward" by putting something up for the community. None of the items have to be anything mad but I reckon it would certainly help broaden the sense of community, as well as helping each other out with sourcing kit.

Just a thought, all arguments for or against are welcome.

Sounds like a good idea
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

I find it the best way to dispose of kit that was once issued, that you er.. forgot to return. By passing it on to someone serving, it is still in the property of the minister...

Not that I have ever done that myself of course... recently... this weekend...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Sounds good! Im assuming we arent passing around Issued items just gucci or private purchase stuff?
        Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

But my Gucci kit is who I am!!!!!
          To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
            Sounds good! Im assuming we arent passing around Issued items just gucci or private purchase stuff?
            Yeah just private purchase stuff will be advertised mate.

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
            But my Gucci kit is who I am!!!!!
            99 Red Balloons is who you are!

Comment

I'll be heading into work this weekend to do some stuff, will have a look in my locker then.

Anything I find, will be up for grabs.

Comment

I can submit some Canadian Para wings, hoping to receive a forward payment of Irish Para wings
                This exchange was the reason I first joined this forum, but I never had a reply on my request. My collection is still without Irish wings, which is a shame...
                I can go for cloth and/or metal.
                "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

Great idea. I can throw in some bits and pieces. About a thousand pairs of (new unused) foam ear plugs for starters.

I'm sure I have a VFR kneeboard and an old Picatinny rail and mount set somewhere. Nothing fancy but I'd like to see someone get some use from them.
                  Last edited by SpudGunner; 23 April 2012, 03:57.
                  " I will not have my fwiends widiculed by the common soldiewy"

Comment

Working...
                  X