Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Position for Brigade Flash, Unit Flash and Rank Markings on dress uniform??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
    Does the same 2.5 cm apply for overseas flashes and large flags on DPMs?
    Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
    In the case of an overseas unit, the "Ireland" flash shall be worn 2.5cm below the highest point of the shoulder of the left sleeve of the outer garment and the overseas flash (International United Nations Force) 2.5cm below the highest point on the shoulder of the right sleeve.

This section refers to the SD1 & SD2, I haven't found a reference to the DPMs.
    It states "the outer garment" , so I suppose that may well include DPMs ?

In practice, though, it probably would not be possible to have 2.5 cm between the upper point of the shoulder and the flash, without it
    overlapping on the sleeve pocket
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
      Ah but there will be a significant difference between the length of the trousers and the position of the eyelets between 24Bs and linkers.
      Then you tailor your trousers accordingly ...

Comment

Then you tailor your trousers accordingly ...
        Brilliant, real RSM material here! best come back since Lazarus!
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
          Can anyone tell me the exact position these items are positioned on the dress uniform? Iv been given a set by a mate who has retired but as he was from a different brigade , rank and obviously unit i told him to remove all the flashs but now have no clue as to the exact positioning of them!

Also are there specifics of where the uniform should fall ie On the cuff and leg ect?

CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!!!!!

Is there no f##king NCO's in your unit that you need to come onto a public website and ask bone questions like that??

Is it any wonder the brits on here take the piss out of the DF!

Seriously, next they'll be askin what way do i point the rifle.

that remark is nearly as stupid as the whole "bayonets are dangerous so we shouldnt use em for arms drill" debate.

F**k sake!
          hedons have more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ned stark View Post
            CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!!!!!

Is there no f##king NCO's in your unit that you need to come onto a public website and ask bone questions like that??

that remark is nearly as stupid as the whole "bayonets are dangerous so we shouldnt use em for arms drill" debate.

F**k sake!
            The man only asked a question bud. Give him a break. And to be fair if you asked around most RDF units or PDF units for that matter you'd probably get 20 conflicting answers. In general when you post a query here, you're pretty damn sure you're getting the right answer. Not evertbody knows which DFR to check for particular info and not everyvody has easy access to them.

Comment

Need to get them taken in rather than tailored, Tunic is a size too big and trousers about 4 Inchs too big in the waist. Figured i might aswell get the flashs done professionally no point in wearing a dress uniform and having it ill fitting o rnot marked properly.

On the subject of my own unit. I asked our acting cq about getting my unit flash an rank markings and a dress shirt. Bear in mind at present we have a very small pool of regularly attending privates and even fewer with dress uniform!I had got my own full uniform inc linkers . I was told the Dublin stores were closed to RDF and to ask again in a few months! Despite a decent quantity of the flashs and stars still sit in the office desk!!

So fingers crossed i will have a dress shirt for easter 2016! Assuming there is still and RDF in 2016

First time I noticed a them and Us mentality from our own cadre. The couple of rank markings ect have since been given to me by lads in the unit!
              Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

The lazy lying bastard, he earned his RDF allowance that week alright.

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                  Brilliant, real RSM material here! best come back since Lazarus!
                  You mean BSM
                  it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
                  Winston churchill

Comment

CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!!!!!

F**k sake!

Its not as uncommon as you think.

Problem arises because people are now only issued with SD#1 after a period of time when they have finished recruits and a re no longer spoon fed as such.Given the delays in issuing the kit and the almost non existent requirement for a lot of units to wear the gear on a regular basis,in my own last few years of service I could count on one hand how many times I wore them, younger members simply don't know.

they are issued kit that they have only seen others wear from a far,and then they are given the additional tasking of figuring out where the various bits go without help.Check parades in SD#1s are a rarity so the legends and lies come into play and wile younger people know all the gucci shit they just don't get the oppertunity to get to know who to deal with this stuff.

Given few units even instruct their own recruits and that stuff is not available its overlooked. Recruits come back from camp assuming those who have trained them have adressed the issues, you can't adress what you haven't got.

They have to be told what has to be done with the kit when they get it, be it formally or informally, and they should ask, but then gain it depends on the people you have to ask.

At least the chap had the sense to ask someone here as opposed to turning up looking like a bag of shite.

System failure I'm afraid.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                      At least the chap had the sense to ask someone here as opposed to turning up looking like a bag of shite.

System failure I'm afraid.
                      So when he turns up on a parade with his flashes on wrong and the pl sgt asks "who told you to do that" he says what? "the internet sgt"???

In my unit, the first thing recruits are taught is how to look after the uniform. dpm and dress uniform.
                      then when they get a dress uniform, they're shown AGAIN were all the badges and flashes go.

the nco's know because they were shown when they were recruits.

The phrase "system failure" is a cop out. its a leadership failure and needs to be rooted out.

Too many RDF'ers On here just wanna run around playing soldiers down the glen but they seem to forget that a fairly large part of being in the RDF involves ceremonial duites: St. patricks day parades, easter, national day of thingy, unit masses, plus all the rest that involves wearing a dress uniform.
                      The sooner we cop onto this and train accordingly the better.

Afterall, whats more likely to happen, the RDF being called up for ceremonial duty, or a cash in transit duty?

And yes, i know whats coming, all the "whats the point then in .............."

Face facts lads.

and if your an officer or nco (i use the terms lightly) in Celtic Warriors unit, YOUR A F**KIN DISGRACE for making one of your troops feel the only option left to him was to go to the internet for answers.

HERE ENDET THE RANT!!!
                      hedons have more fun.

Comment

I wouldnt blame officers or ncos in the unit, Just crossed my mind when I realised i had to get them taken inid better find out the proper placement. No doubt had it been issued the same as a set of dpms I would have been instructed on positioning of markings care and maintenence ect!!
                        Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

The phrase "system failure" is a cop out. its a leadership failure and needs to be rooted out.

Too many RDF'ers On here just wanna run around playing soldiers down the glen but they seem to forget that a fairly large part of being in the RDF involves ceremonial duites: St. patricks day parades, easter, national day of thingy, unit masses, plus all the rest that involves wearing a dress uniform.
                          The sooner we cop onto this and train accordingly the better.

Afterall, whats more likely to happen, the RDF being called up for ceremonial duty, or a cash in transit duty?
                          At the moment, youve more chance of being called up for a CIT or overseas because you dont have a SD1; Half platoon of Men walked down o'connell street on saturday in DPM's why ? Because none of us have SD1's!

Its all in well saying that people should be competent in placing whatever on their SD1's but you forget that the vast majority of people do not have SD1's; And sorry it is a System Failure, the RDF is by nature a volunteer org, if you want people to attend ceremonial dutys or marches down o'connell street have it in the bloody rules that they must attend as its OPTIONAL.

If i had SD1's yes id be there for ever event that required them, but i dont so im limited.

If every single person who was finished being spoon fed was issued a SD1 then id agree with you but there is Systematic failures throughout the shop.
                          Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
                          Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

.......Too many RDF'ers On here just wanna run around playing soldiers down the glen but they seem to forget that a fairly large part of being in the RDF involves ceremonial duites: St. patricks day parades, easter, national day of thingy, unit masses, plus all the rest that involves wearing a dress uniform.

......and if your an officer or nco (i use the terms lightly) in Celtic Warriors unit, YOUR A F**KIN DISGRACE for making one of your troops feel the only option left to him was to go to the internet for answers.

HERE ENDET THE RANT!!!
                            Wow, I'll just leave that there for you...

And as a Pte in the same Bn as Celtic Warrior I can assure that we have some of the best NCOs and Jnr Offrs in East. Don't question it, it's FACT!

Did it occur to you that maybe this website is so dry of content (because we've discussed to death most issues pertaining the DF) that it's nice every once in a while to have a thread that draws from the experience of the board members that populate it. Since there's been no recruitment, there's less newcomers to these boards to ask questions about kit, drills, military life etc.

I've yet to put together a set of SD1s myself, probably because I'm one of the "many RDF'ers On here just wanna run around playing soldiers" so I consider this thread a good source of information which I'll certainly use myself when the time comes.

I recall being told in recruit training that there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers; and your contribution thus far certainly falls into the latter category.

So take a moment, and when you're ready, step down from your high horse.
                            Last edited by SwiftandSure; 20 March 2012, 16:51.

Comment

Listen lads, if you need to come onto the internet to ask "were do i put my flashes" then the lads instructors arent worth a w**k!

And this thing of "we dont get dress uniforms"! so what... your not gonna be in a chemical attack either, but we still do the training.

whether or not you have no.1s is irelevent. we're not talking here about the supply of uniforms, this is about troops being shown how to look after it.

Pte's can be shown very easily how to apply flashes/badges etc without even touching a uniform.

But S+S, I think you might be onto something, in that theres so little for the RDF to talk about that they've started asking the dumbest of questions just for something to say.
                              hedons have more fun.

Comment

Listen lads, if you need to come onto the internet to ask "were do i put my flashes" then the lads instructors arent worth a w**k!

And this thing of "we dont get dress uniforms"! so what... your not gonna be in a chemical attack either, but we still do the training.

whether or not you have no.1s is irelevent. we're not talking here about the supply of uniforms, this is about troops being shown how to look after it.

Pte's can be shown very easily how to apply flashes/badges etc without even touching a uniform.

But S+S, I think you might be onto something, in that theres so little for the RDF to talk about that they've started asking the dumbest of questions just for something to say.

Lads, Question.

Probably been mentioned before but couldnt go checkin through every post on here, so, my question is this:

Irish word of command for mark time.

Is it as it says in the manual of FOOT DRILL - ALL ARMS PARA 46, PAGE 38: BUAILIG AM.

Or is it the other word of command that i hear folks using. i cant spell it but it sounds like: RADIG VO.

If this is indeed the new command, can someone in the know please point me in the direction of the amendment in the manual?

Or PM me if its sensitive.

Thanks chaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X