Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
    And her husband...
    How did Mary Lou McD get into this thread?
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
      I was going to say would there not end up being 1 giant well fed survivor ?
      We're going to need the Goodies...

It occurred to me that a few of my friends in the U.S. may not have seen Kitten Kong, an episode of The Goodies. Quite possibly relevant to their interests.

When the film is made...this will be the theme tune...

'She passed me by one sunny day...and flashed those big brown eyes my way...'
      Last edited by spider; 24 January 2014, 12:54. Reason: typo
      'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
        How did Mary Lou McD get into this thread?
        damn Shinnerbots, never miss an opportunity...
        'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
        'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
        Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
        He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
        http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Aisha Gani: The Irish Coast Guard believes that 4,000-tonne Lyubov Orlova – not heard of since early last year – has most likely sunk or hit rocks

Seemingly the Garda Cósta na hÉireann believe that she has gone to Davy Jones' locker.

A theory I recently saw Goldie floating ..........................Sorry, I had to.
          Last edited by mugs; 24 January 2014, 20:01.
          Theirs not to make reply,
          Theirs not to reason why,
          Theirs but to do and die:
          Into the valley of Death
          Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

Not quite a ghost ship, more of a curiosity

The Sjoassistans Marqua is a 9mx3m vessel reportedly doing 34kts towards Baltimore according to its AIS yet it seems to be stopped.
            Recent itineraries vary between the Celtic Sea, California and Nijmegen and its last known port is listed as Saigon.

It certainly seems to be a ghost ship with an appetite for travel!
            Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

Interesting but I noticed the marine traffic app doing some strange stuff thus past 24 hrs. There was a CG a/c operating with a vessel off the west coast last night and there was two a/c showing. One was a 92, the other had a SAR designator, speed of 130kts but the pic was a sailing vessel. Also it was on the outbound track of the 92 yet it never moved. Also at the same time there was possible a CASA over the Wicklow mountains doing 190kts heading west but it never moved. (I realise this may actually have been a Casa though)

Comment

Comment

Saw this. Does anyone know what method they used to sink it? Would be a bit of craic for gunnery practice I imagine
                  To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Heard a quote from a Navy spokesman on the radio this afternoon ( Ray Darcy show) that water was pumped aboard to sink her...... Pity , I'd say the gunnery types are grumpy ....

Comment

• For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• happened a month ago!!!!
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• The Indo are only getting thru the facebook feed now.
                          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                            The Indo are only getting thru the facebook feed now.
                            You mean their defence/marine reporter has only just returned from holidays .....

Comment

• The yacht was detected by the Air Corps on the 17th August.

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                              "Air Corps and Naval Service Joint Operation"

Air Corps Maritime Air Patrol CASA detects a suspicious-looking contact

Photograph sent by CASA to Naval Operations Command Centre, Haulbowline

Naval Operation plots the contact

LE EITHNE (back on routine patrol after Med) sends a Naval Team to inspect the contact

After check with all agencies, contact sunk by LE EITHNE as a Hazard to Navigation

Comment

Working...
                              X