No announcement yet.

London 2012: Missiles may be placed at residential flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever look at the human element in all this, your going to have lads and lassies of HM armed forces, on the top of a building, for 2 weeks 24 hour, in a London summer, limited shelter, otherwise it's a pointless exercise, so that people can play sports, and some cnuts have the cheek to complain.
    Mind you, the way things have gone lately, they might get swept off by a force ten gale....
    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Turkey View Post
      Ever look at the human element in all this, your going to have lads and lassies of HM armed forces, on the top of a building, for 2 weeks 24 hour, in a London summer, limited shelter, otherwise it's a pointless exercise, so that people can play sports, and some cnuts have the cheek to complain.
      Mind you, the way things have gone lately, they might get swept off by a force ten gale....
      one of the more cynical wags within the Royal Regiment has suggested that being sat on a roof top for 6 weeks beats being used as a 'steward' in the Olympics, and that the gallant Cloudpunchers have devised a cunning wheeze to get out of a more odious duty!

Comment

Yeah, don't they normally do stewarding at Wimbledon?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          Yeah, don't they normally do stewarding at Wimbledon?
          yeah, voluntary job - part of the KAPE initiative - good if you like stratospherically-priced strawberries and cream, obnoxious gits with corporate tickets, and crowds. not really my scene, but i suppose some people must like tennis - and soft furnishings...

Comment

The problem is there is more than a fair share of nutters/extremists living within the "secure" zone already. Stephen Tibbs MP was stabbed in his constituency office in the East End.

And, the Irish Dancing Priest, an t-athair Corneilus Horan can still be seen around London. Last time I saw him he had taken up with a group of Christians for Zionists or something and he was wearing his traditional Irish Dancing kit with a large Star of David. You could not make it up.

Below is the vid of an t-athair at Silverstone - previously he had featured at the Athens Olympics.

He comes from Scartaglin and went to school at St. Brendans in Killarney and, I guess, Maynooth.

Comment

With regard to scattering of debris, there are degrees. If a commercial jet was to scatter itself, after a SAM strike, it'd be a bit nasty.If it was just a little R22 or a Cessna, it might just leave a stain on a rug, so to speak. apart from all that, wouldn't the rooftop clutter affect targeting? I think it's just for show and that the local toerags/rabble/rabble-rousers/disaffected yoof are really being watched by the Sass and other undercover lots. Given all the rain that's falling, I'm not sure a Rapier is the ideal weapon of choice...
              regards
              GttC

Comment

Originally posted by timhorgan View Post
                The problem is there is more than a fair share of nutters/extremists living within the "secure" zone already. Stephen Tibbs MP was stabbed in his constituency office in the East End.
                His surname is Timms!

As for Newham having it's fair share of what you label nutters/extremists, there are worst Boroughs around London for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  How many Olympics have been held in Western Europe since 9/11?

Times have changed.
                  And more closer to London's heart, 7/7.

Comment

Gents, as you know i usually consider cries of 'OPSEC!' to be a front for the covering up of embarrassing facts, however in this case i think that the political, rather than purely military points being raised - because they are being raised by people who have some idea of what they're talking about, rather than the moron the Daily Telegraph employs as its Defence Correspondant - are coming perilously close to information that could help an unfriendly frame a decision about whether to stage an attack.

i accept entirely that i could be be both way OTT, and possibly a bit hypocritical - but i'd ask you think about whether you really want some bearded nutter reading what you're writing right now, before the games.

standing by for a mighty slagging, as well as accusations of poovery.

Comment

Originally posted by pmtts View Post
                      His surname is Timms!
                      Thank you, I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by ropebag View Post
                        military points being raised - because they are being raised by people who have some idea of what they're talking about, rather than the moron the Daily Telegraph employs as its Defence Correspondant
                        It can't be Sean Rayment then!

Comment

Originally posted by timhorgan View Post

And, the Irish Dancing Priest, an t-athair Corneilus Horan can still be seen around London. Last time I saw him he had taken up with a group of Christians for Zionists or something and he was wearing his traditional Irish Dancing kit with a large Star of David. You could not make it up.

Below is the vid of an t-athair at Silverstone - previously he had featured at the Athens Olympics.

He comes from Scartaglin and went to school at St. Brendans in Killarney and, I guess, Maynooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a_urdgrl2E
                          What an A**hole. If he had gotten hit, I'd have had all the sympathy in the world for the poor driver.

Comment

Hes not the only Kerryman at large in London.

Comment

correction

Here is the leaflet - interesting range of languages if you are a local and want to talk to somebody.

And here is the lucky apartment block. ( I think Paul G would probably know more about the area).

Visualisez des multitudes de cartes, obtenez les itinéraires pour vos trajets en transports publics, à pied ou en voiture, consultez l'état du trafic en temps réel, planifiez vos voyages, affichez des vues satellites, aériennes ou à l'échelle de la rue. Faites-en toujours plus avec Bing Cartes.

Comment

MANPADS in East London, what could possibly go wrong??

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Last edited by SwiftandSure; 3 May 2012, 14:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X