Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr UN.

S
    ean Cosgrave from Clonmel, Co Tipperary, father of seven, spent 18 tours as a peacekeeper worldwide, including periods in east Africa, central Africa, Bosnia, Kosovo and 11 stints in Lebanon. “I speak the language [Arabic] fairly well, and I get along with the people,” he said.

When asked where he would like to go on his next tour, he said he would like to go back to Lebanon because “it’s the only show in town”.

“It was quiet; we hadn’t any problems, and the people in the area absolutely loved the Irish, and the Irish got along well with them,” he added.

Good guy allround, both his mother father and grandson passed before we went on this tour and he still carried on. The work of this guys behind the scenes with the orphanages and the charity work he does to fund them while at home is phenomonal, if theres a Dsm going for commitment to overseas community Seanie should be in line.
    Tough CS, Good soldier, won't hear a bad word said against the guy,

Looks after his own overseas and at home , in life and death.

Top Man
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

11 stints in Lebanon alone. That's something else alright.

Fair dues to the man.
    " I will not have my fwiends widiculed by the common soldiewy"

Comment

Originally posted by SpudGunner View Post
      11 stints in Lebanon alone. That's something else alright.

Fair dues to the man.
      Not the only one I've seen to do eleven Leb trips, but yes, fair dues...
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Why are we reading this? No disrespect, but has something happened to the guy, that needs our attention. 11 Lebs? When did he find time to have kids?

regards
        GttC

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
          Not the only one I've seen to do eleven Leb trips, but yes, fair dues...
          Perhaps that why he spent so long there!
          Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Why are we reading this? No disrespect, but has something happened to the guy, that needs our attention. 11 Lebs? When did he find time to have kids?
            just a guy I know, amongst the many who never get to be seen in the public eye, has done over and above a deserves a mention, if not just a nod from the peeps on here.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

“I speak the language [Arabic] fairly well, and I get along with the people,” he said.
              This should have been enough reason for him to be on every trip-if he has taken the time to learn the language and appreciate the culture he deserves every respect.

Comment

Em..forgot to mention he was in Bosnia, and Chad as well!!!!!

Comment

No one detailed him to go. bet you were not writing about him when he was beasting you over the comragh mts with a .5. with all the other click thats down there.or even was there

Little podge in cork can count on nearly 3 hands all his overseas but there aint nothing said about him. there is plenty or people with lots of overseas done and that was there choice. no one detailed them

Comment

Podge needs more than 4 hands !

One of the only I've seen with three full rows of ribbons, excluding numerals.

Comment

No one detailed him to go. bet you were not writing about him when he was beasting you over the comragh mts with a .5. with all the other click thats down there.or even was there

No one detailed him to go is right he volunteered each and every time.

Seanie never beasted me, I never served in his chain of command , and with the dealings I had with him he was nothing other than a gentleman.

One of the most charitable people I know being involved in various charities at home and abroad

Lose the chip from your shoulder. Might help you to see people for their willingness to give of their time to others.

When I went over the Comergah mountains witha .5, it was mounted on a AML 245 Chassis in a Manroy modified turret. Get yor facts right about both my Self and the CS before trying undermine both.

Find thee life else where.

Maybe some of our more notable Un people do deserve to be venerated here, most units have some exceptional charachter....and chicken chaser can return to the rock he appeared from under.

Comment

MOD: This is not a forum for exercising chips on shoulders. Yes there are people who have done more UN service and yes he may not have been nice to you in the past (he is a CS for God's sake he wouldn't be a good one if he was everyone's friend) but he was mentioned in an article in the press and someone decided to open a thread on him. If there are other people who you think could be Mister UN then please go ahead and open up a thread on them do not use this thread to detract from the person mentioned here
                        Last edited by Bravo20; 21 May 2012, 00:52.

Comment

I as well as many many people served overseas at some stage alongside Paudge and Sean-

they are two outstanding Soldiers and we rightly deserve to have pride in them because that they have sacrificed a lot

so that peoples whose name they may not even know can live in peace.

I found both of them a joy to serve with- no bullshit from either of them- they did their job and expected you to follow their example.

Murph is right- the world is full of shit heads who we seem to spend all our time discussing, its only right that we spend some time praising a decent good bloke.
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                          X