Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army General Service Enlistment Medical

Hi guys,

Just wondering could anyone shed some light on what sort of tests are involved in the medical for the PDF, more specifically, if anyone knew what sort of declarations regarding past eyesight/eye related medical history have to be made on the form given to you on the day to fill out that'd be a big help. Cheers in advance for any replies.

you will do a colour blindness test
    and a eye test for both eyes one readin one examination, i think they will ask about glasses and contacts.
    the rest is routine heart lungs hearing joints.
    i think they also document scares and tattoo,s.
    and a dental check
    thats all i can think of at the moment
    hope it helps

Comment

By the tone from your post looks like your worried about eyesight surgery. You will find a number of threads about it on IMO

Comment

No surgery worries and my visual acuity is spot on.. what's concerning me is the "Both eyes must be free from disfiguring or incapacitating abnormality and free from acute or chronic disease." I had something years ago that was treated with steroids and cleared up grand, but if you're properly qualified eg. optician/ophthalmologist and go looking for it you'll spot the area that was giving trouble.. In my eyes ('scuse the pun) it could be classed as an abnormality, but it is no way incapacitating or disfiguring if ya get me..

Comment

but if you're properly qualified eg. optician/ophthalmologist and go looking for it you'll spot the area that was giving trouble.. In my eyes ('scuse the pun) it could be classed as an abnormality,
          Your off the hook..its an army doctor we're talking about..its not like hes going to know what he is looking for! especially if you don't tell him.

Just bend over and cough!
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Well that clears that up, happy days

Cheers for the info/advice guys.. i'm going to go with the "if you're not cheating you're not trying" method

Comment

Working...
            X