No announcement yet.

Recruitment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your first you failed to help the slowest person. If your last you are holding everyone up.

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
      Simple as... the tests...numerical comprehension and basic mathematical logic and written english comprehension,

You won't get it finished in the alloted time

Option a. b. c

take your time...its about questions answered corrrectly as opposed to total amount of answers, basic numerecy comprehension and logic.......

take your time, read it , don't panic. accuracy vs speed.!
      I was told , by some who's done it , that they like to see you " complete the task " ? That was the cadet test admittedly.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        If your first you failed to help the slowest person. If your last you are holding everyone up.
        In the psychometric testing- surely it's an individual effort test
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
          In the psychometric testing- surely it's an individual effort test
          You are right. Dev was replying to a post (below) by dylan which was awaiting approval. Dev could see the post but you could not.

Originally posted by dylan View Post
          thanks lads, all really helpful! i'll maybe just look at a few online to be familiar with them.

and cyros, what do you mean by 'dont be first and and dont be the last ' ?
          "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

awesome replies will look at a few just to know the layout etc, then just be honest in the actual test

Comment

Maybe we can all learn a lesson about the frailty of the human body but the strength of the human mind from that.
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

The psyc test for the general enlistment i was told is a easier version of the cadetship test.

Verbal reasoning (understanding sentence structure & logic), numerical reasoning (basic maths, you're allowed a calculator) & in the cadetship at least there's job simulation questions (what would you do in a given scenario).
                Go into it relaxed & you should be fine. The first 2 sections are multiple choice, one right answer & all equal marks, so if you find yourself stuck especially in the numerical test, go onto the next question & come back to the ones you missed at the end if you have time. The job simulation again is multiple choice but there's no 'right' answer. Instead they use the answers you give to see what sort of personality you have (like those magazine tests; answer mostly A your introvert, mostly B your extrovert, etc..)

Don't stress out about them too much & there are loads of free online psycometric test samples you can try. Just type it into google!
                Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

No calculators are aloud in the general service test... just so ye know
                  Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori

Comment

Recruitment

alright lads! I just had my army interview there tuesday and was just wondering does anyone know when they'll let us know if we were successful or not?

Also, any idea of how much were actually called for interview?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dylan View Post
                      alright lads! I just had my army interview there tuesday and was just wondering does anyone know when they'll let us know if we were successful or not?

Also, any idea of how much were actually called for interview?

Thanks!
                      If you are on Facebook, pose the question on the Defence Forces Facebook page, they are usually fairly quick at replying to queries there
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                      X