Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Naval Equipment Purchases: Seen on Etenders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that it's a picture of a model but I assume that's what it is.... Is the NS planning on going somewhere where a 2 way shooting match is envisaged?
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Not quite whats in the photo. Its armour plating that works similar to a folding screen you see ladies getting changed behind in the old B&W movies. You erect it around your pintle mount secondary armament in the absence of a solid bulwark.

For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

If my assumption is correct it just points out the absolute horseshit that's been spewed by UCC, CIT & the NS there's small fabrication workshops all over the country that could knock these together all the need is the steel. Imerc is meant to create jobs yes? That fancier model na grohmití posted isn't that much more work.

Originally posted by IMERC
        The development of an ecosystem of innovation to support job creation in a unique campus and cluster environment is described in detail in the IMERC Strategy 2011-2016.

Comment

Even naval UAVs that went to a IMERC company went to tender (open to correction)

It wouldn't just be steel, could be Kevlar or similar or steel armour plate
          Last edited by DeV; 11 April 2015, 01:17.

Comment

It is not that complicated Dev, the Blue sky thinkers in Imerc could help a company figure it out. The NS has enough mechanical engineers that they could do it in house ffs.

Comment

Anything above 25k worth of work and it has to go out to tender......
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

They could dress it up as a research project if they were interested, the mysteries of the tendering process will ensure that some non Irish company will get the job.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post

I know that it's a picture of a model but I assume that's what it is.... Is the NS planning on going somewhere where a 2 way shooting match is envisaged?

Comment

Was there not a similar tender to this put out some months ago?

Comment

Type of steel, design, and heat treatment would want to be bang on, or the legal slugs will have a easy day in court if a round gets pass it or a scab flies of the back of the armour.
                      Might be safer to buy off the shelf.
                      Last edited by sofa; 11 April 2015, 17:07.

Comment

they done enough of them "try it and see jobs back in the day .. leave it to the people who know how ...

Comment

what .. no more white china graph pencil ... damm .. still will have a dpo at anchor though ,,, humans are important ...

Comment

Could they not have found a newer photo Eithne, Still has a liberty boat mounted......
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The red and black lettering as well .
                              Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

I mean the DF have file photos on military.ie just for that purpose.
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X