This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit Corner: Swap or Sell

Im thinking of selling my bergen its a Lowe Alpine Saracen in Dutch DPM , Its the same as the PDF issue bergen but in a different colour! Only used a couple of times, Immaculate Condition, Will Post Pics tomorrow Weather Permitting!

Fully Adjustible for Size of User

See::

And :

Open to offers!!!

CW
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Why are you selling??They are not being sold to civvi's any more so will be gold dust soon.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Am eyeing up a different bergen and definitely dont have use for 3 bergens, (still have my issue one for courses and what have you) so am interested to see if anyone is in the market for a saracen!

Comment

Any interest??

Comment

Bump

Comment

What's a fair price ? Does it ride well with PLCE because we still don't have IPLCS.... poo
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Trell I have an OG Version of the saracen. Its a long back bag. But I've found with a bit adjustment its on top of webbing. It's a lot more fomfortable than the PLCE Issue bag. It also takes the issue rocket pouches.
              "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

The waist belt on the Saracen is designed to spread the load of the Bergen between hips and shoulders.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

It has its own side pouchs so you dont need to swap pouchs, Id need to see about €150 but could move a little on that price, Its as close to brand new as possible! Il put pics up tomorrow!

Comment

Kit Corner: Swap or Sell

Right here goes(Again) A thread where you can sell or swap any unwanted kit.
                    First a few ground rules:

1/ NO item of DF issued kit is EVER to be offered for sale or swap here.This applies whether YOU were issued said item or not.Breaking this rule will result in the offending post being removed and serious sanction being taken against the poster.You have been warned!

2/ This thread is for the sale or swap of military related kit,camping kit included, as that has some Military uses.Not for the sale or swap of your old hubcaps or Barry Manilow collection.Take that stuff to Ebay.OK.

3/ If you are interested in a item of kit advertised.Post you interest in this thread then take it to PM's.

4/ The Site staff are NOT responsible for deals going good ,bad or indifferent.We don't want to know your business unless it involves the site being brought into disrepute and by that I mean no PM's to site staff whingeing that the Pouch you bought isn't the right shade of DPM etc.It's you business keep it that way.

So.In short.Keep the P.A' s and solicitors from our door.Act honorably when it comes to making deals and dont F**k it up for the rest of us!

Now.Who is first?

Comment

Suppose I'll start....
                      (A recent trip to the mechanics has prompted me to sell a few bits.)

DPM Shortback PLCE Bergan, complete with side/rocket pouches (no yoke). This has been my bergan for the last 12 years. Selling because I have a new bergan now. The waist belt has been cut away and there's small hole on the bottom of the exterior front pouch courtesy of an E-Tool. Other than that, it's absolutely solid. My name is written on it, hence the black mark.

SOLD

MOLLE ACU First Aid pouch. Ideal utility/LMG pouch. Pretty much brand new, never used. Was going to spray it and add it to my stock of pouches, decided to sell instead.

SOLD

MICH style airsoft helmet. I think it's made of fibre glass. The shape is ideal for wearing peltors/active ear defence/headsets. Heavy enough to pass off as the real thing, not that I'd ever suggest wearing an airsoft helmet for military training because the issued helmet doesn't accommodate peltors and alike.

SOLD

I might have a few more things, will check the shed some other day.

Prices not inclusive of P&P. Please PM if interested.
                      Last edited by SwiftandSure; 5 December 2012, 17:35.

Comment

Your name is "Black Mark"? (", sorry, couldnt resist!
                        Ive a protac shortback bergan in Irish DPM for sale, bought it back in 2005 and not really got a use for it, only drawback is that its not got detachable rocket pouches. smaller than the bergan but bigger than a patrol pack. will post pics up shortly, 50 euro ono also got an airsoft / paintball mich ach plastic helmet for sale for 20 euro, NOT for military use under any circumstances, but it did save my bonce when i fell through a shed roof recently.
                        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

I have A Protac Irish DPM chest rig. Used once, during a Corps concentration, and quite pleased with it. It does what it says on the tin. Three ammo pouches up front, with plastic clip fastners that Mr Protac loves, instead of the silent locks found on PLCE. Map pocket behind them, closed with two stud fasteners. Utility pouches at each side, large enough to accomodate a 58 Pat water bottle, again with plastic clip fasteners and Velcro.
                          I bought it in 2007 or thereabouts for €90. It currently takes up valuable wardrobe space. Shortly to appear on ebay.

Any offers
                          Last edited by Goldie fish; 18 July 2012, 01:23.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

UKSF issue double hoop DPM Goretex Bivibag.Comes with own stuff sack.Built in Mossie net.Rare piece of kit.Used once or twice.Excellent condition.
                            E150 ONO.
                            Ortlieb Canoe type rubberised Daysack liner:E30 ONO
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	UKSF issue double hoop Goretex bivi bag.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	373.9 KB
ID:	697382Click image for larger version

Name:	UKSF Bivi bag to scale.JPG
Size:	341.7 KB
ID:	697383Click image for larger version

Name:	Bivi bag and poles.JPG
Size:	337.7 KB
ID:	697384Click image for larger version

Name:	Bivi bag label.JPG
Size:	430.5 KB
ID:	697385Click image for larger version

Name:	Bivi bag set up.JPG
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	697386
                            Last edited by apod; 26 August 2012, 13:35.

Comment

Also for sale:

Warrior Assault Systems Riggers belt: €20:

Warrior Assault Systems Single Point Bungee Sling: €30:

Comment

Working...
                              X