Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  35
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of selling my bergen a Lowe Alpine Saracen in DPM!!

Im thinking of selling my bergen its a Lowe Alpine Saracen in Dutch DPM , Its the same as the PDF issue bergen but in a different colour! Only used a couple of times, Immaculate Condition, Will Post Pics tomorrow Weather Permitting!

Fully Adjustible for Size of User

See::

http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=h...ed=0CDUQ9QEwAA

And :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dInNyNWgzbk

Open to offers!!!

CW
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Why are you selling??They are not being sold to civvi's any more so will be gold dust soon.
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

Post Thanks / Like
    Am eyeing up a different bergen and definitely dont have use for 3 bergens, (still have my issue one for courses and what have you) so am interested to see if anyone is in the market for a saracen!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any interest??

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's a fair price ? Does it ride well with PLCE because we still don't have IPLCS.... poo
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Lower than a snakes balls Duffman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trell I have an OG Version of the saracen. Its a long back bag. But I've found with a bit adjustment its on top of webbing. It's a lot more fomfortable than the PLCE Issue bag. It also takes the issue rocket pouches.
    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Post Thanks / Like
    The waist belt on the Saracen is designed to spread the load of the Bergen between hips and shoulders.
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".

Post Thanks / Like
    It has its own side pouchs so you dont need to swap pouchs, Id need to see about €150 but could move a little on that price, Its as close to brand new as possible! Il put pics up tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Kit Corner: Swap or Sell

Right here goes(Again) A thread where you can sell or swap any unwanted kit.
    First a few ground rules:

1/ NO item of DF issued kit is EVER to be offered for sale or swap here.This applies whether YOU were issued said item or not.Breaking this rule will result in the offending post being removed and serious sanction being taken against the poster.You have been warned!

2/ This thread is for the sale or swap of military related kit,camping kit included, as that has some Military uses.Not for the sale or swap of your old hubcaps or Barry Manilow collection.Take that stuff to Ebay.OK.

3/ If you are interested in a item of kit advertised.Post you interest in this thread then take it to PM's.

4/ The Site staff are NOT responsible for deals going good ,bad or indifferent.We don't want to know your business unless it involves the site being brought into disrepute and by that I mean no PM's to site staff whingeing that the Pouch you bought isn't the right shade of DPM etc.It's you business keep it that way.

So.In short.Keep the P.A' s and solicitors from our door.Act honorably when it comes to making deals and dont F**k it up for the rest of us!

Now.Who is first?

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suppose I'll start....
    (A recent trip to the mechanics has prompted me to sell a few bits.)

DPM Shortback PLCE Bergan, complete with side/rocket pouches (no yoke). This has been my bergan for the last 12 years. Selling because I have a new bergan now. The waist belt has been cut away and there's small hole on the bottom of the exterior front pouch courtesy of an E-Tool. Other than that, it's absolutely solid. My name is written on it, hence the black mark.

SOLD

MOLLE ACU First Aid pouch. Ideal utility/LMG pouch. Pretty much brand new, never used. Was going to spray it and add it to my stock of pouches, decided to sell instead.

SOLD

MICH style airsoft helmet. I think it's made of fibre glass. The shape is ideal for wearing peltors/active ear defence/headsets. Heavy enough to pass off as the real thing, not that I'd ever suggest wearing an airsoft helmet for military training because the issued helmet doesn't accommodate peltors and alike.

SOLD

I might have a few more things, will check the shed some other day.

Prices not inclusive of P&P. Please PM if interested.
    Last edited by SwiftandSure; 5th December 2012 at 17:35.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your name is "Black Mark"? (", sorry, couldnt resist!
    Ive a protac shortback bergan in Irish DPM for sale, bought it back in 2005 and not really got a use for it, only drawback is that its not got detachable rocket pouches. smaller than the bergan but bigger than a patrol pack. will post pics up shortly, 50 euro ono also got an airsoft / paintball mich ach plastic helmet for sale for 20 euro, NOT for military use under any circumstances, but it did save my bonce when i fell through a shed roof recently.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Post Thanks / Like
    I have A Protac Irish DPM chest rig. Used once, during a Corps concentration, and quite pleased with it. It does what it says on the tin. Three ammo pouches up front, with plastic clip fastners that Mr Protac loves, instead of the silent locks found on PLCE. Map pocket behind them, closed with two stud fasteners. Utility pouches at each side, large enough to accomodate a 58 Pat water bottle, again with plastic clip fasteners and Velcro.
    I bought it in 2007 or thereabouts for €90. It currently takes up valuable wardrobe space. Shortly to appear on ebay.

Any offers
    Last edited by Goldie fish; 18th July 2012 at 01:23.

14. Likes T.I.M. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    UKSF issue double hoop DPM Goretex Bivibag.Comes with own stuff sack.Built in Mossie net.Rare piece of kit.Used once or twice.Excellent condition.
    E150 ONO.
    Ortlieb Canoe type rubberised Daysack liner:E30 ONO
    UKSF issue double hoop Goretex bivi bag.JPGUKSF Bivi bag to scale.JPGBivi bag and poles.JPGBivi bag label.JPGBivi bag set up.JPG
    Last edited by apod; 26th August 2012 at 13:35.

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also for sale:

Warrior Assault Systems Riggers belt: €20:

Warrior Assault Systems Single Point Bungee Sling: €30:

Lower than a snakes balls Duffman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Israeli DF Tac Vest TV7711 €120 + (free delivery based on your location)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marom-Dolphi...item19c3abb833

http://www.marom-dolphin.com/tactical_vests.html#12

Will upload pics for any interested parties.
    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you a suicide bomber by night duffman?
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

19. Likes Duffman, T.I.M. liked this post
    CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now this is a thread worth feckin havin! Granted i haven't purchased............YET :-)

21. Thanks apod thanked for this post
    Likes SwiftandSure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    While taking out the Chest Rig to photograph it, remembered(fell over) an old german Army Sleeping bag. The ones with the waterproof outer liner, and sleeves. Weighs a ton. Most uncomfortable too.if you kept your arm inside the sleeves and turned during the night, it was next to impossible to get out of them. The theory was you could engage the enemy while still in the comfort of your green maggot.

I'm willing to give it away, to free up the space. Will deliver to most places in greater cork area.

Corporal
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attachment 6803Attachment 6804Attachment 6805
    For sale!!!! Blackhawk Raptor 3 Day Assault Pack in excellent condition.
    Blackhawk Strike Molle Assault Vest with 21 different pouches and a leg platform all in very good condition.
    Anyone interested PM me and I'll email you on pics and info on the kit aswell as the asking price.
    Death before Dishonour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie fish View Post
    While taking out the Chest Rig to photograph it, remembered(fell over) an old german Army Sleeping bag. The ones with the waterproof outer liner, and sleeves. Weighs a ton. Most uncomfortable too.if you kept your arm inside the sleeves and turned during the night, it was next to impossible to get out of them. The theory was you could engage the enemy while still in the comfort of your green maggot.

I'm willing to give it away, to free up the space. Will deliver to most places in greater cork area.
    Think I have one of these somewhere too, great bit of kit, albeit a bit bulky

Can recall me and one other in my old unit dancing around like loons at the back of the lines in Kilkenny years ago...
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Post Thanks / Like
    As my Q stores are being cleared out to make way for shinier, gucchier gear i have the following to move on.

the first bit is for sale as a box set, all items included in the price. for €60 plus p&p you get :
    crusader metal mug and cooker.
    sealskinz shooter gloves ( size medium, olive colour, water and wind proof ).
    black meraklon liner gloves.
    shemagh - olive and black.
    Gelert flask / mug ( 0.33L ).
    2 x Exped dry bags ( marked size XS - will take norgie shirt, etc ).
    assorted bungies and tent pegs.
    cam cream stick.
    mozi repellant stick.

second lot is a pair of Danner Recon combat boots for sale. Goretex lined, sized 10.5 UK. Price €70 plus p&p.

UPDATE : ALL SOLD OR MOVED TO BETTER HOMES.
    Last edited by X-RayOne; 11th October 2012 at 12:34.
    The people of England have been led in Mesopotamia into a trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honour. They have been tricked into it by a steady withholding of information. The Baghdad communiqués are belated, insincere, incomplete.....It is a disgrace to our imperial record, and may soon be too inflamed for any ordinary cure.We are to-day not far from a disaster.

T.E. Lawrence, 2 Aug 1920.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh
    Last edited by colonel decker; 20th August 2012 at 23:55. Reason: Wrong thread
    OK Smith it’s Colonel Decker. I hate it when a plan comes together. You’re surrounded. I want you and Peck and Baracus, to throw out your weapons, all the ration packs you stole and come out with your hands up. You have fifteen seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pm
    OK Smith it’s Colonel Decker. I hate it when a plan comes together. You’re surrounded. I want you and Peck and Baracus, to throw out your weapons, all the ration packs you stole and come out with your hands up. You have fifteen seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    PM to who please?
    The people of England have been led in Mesopotamia into a trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honour. They have been tricked into it by a steady withholding of information. The Baghdad communiqués are belated, insincere, incomplete.....It is a disgrace to our imperial record, and may soon be too inflamed for any ordinary cure.We are to-day not far from a disaster.

T.E. Lawrence, 2 Aug 1920.

Thread Information