No announcement yet.

Boots Meindl or Matterhorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got a pair there a few weeks ago, sex for feet is an understatement! its lovely to come off the range with warm dry feet on an arctic day!:Dmeindls

Comment

Best boots to buy

Hows it going all, im a 3* Private in the Reserves, Infantry and im thinking about buying myself a decent pair of boots for tactics and all that. I was just wondering which make of boots the forum think are the best for wear, tear and comfort?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Comment

morpheus, is that you under an assumed name or is it that lefty just can't read whats above,

keep safe

Comment

No, JPB, that mail was posted in from another thread by the Mod (I think)
          Either that, or Lefty is schizo........
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

For sheer comfort

get Meindl Eagles- €170 odd when I got muine about 18 months ago. Three weeks of carrying a massive backpack around France, and my feet were the only part of me that didn't hurt.

Be warned- you will have to replace the soles early and often at around €30 a go, and there seems to be only one place that does it, the guy under Tara Street dart station. Leave it too late, and the cushion will wear down and you may as well have bought a pair of boots with a hard plastic sole. (Learned the hard way but still first choice for cross country hiking)
            Take these men and women for your example.
            Like them, remember that posterity can only
            be for the free; that freedom is the sure
            possession of those who have the
            courage to defend it.
            Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
            If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Your quick off the mark but actually no jpb, it isnt me, thanks all the same.

From what i remember i was informed by someone here that buying these "operational" boots was a bad idea until i was a 3 star, at which stage id have been in long enough to know i was gonna stick at it, and then it would be a good invesment.

I am now considering boots however, as im going back hiking and orienteering in my own time during the next few months.
              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

If the Meindl Eagles need sole replacing regularly and are 170 - would you be better off getting the Meindl Army Pro's for 200ish - do their soles need replacing as much?

Comment

I've had my Army Pro's for 3 years and the soles are a long way from being repleced.

Still almost as good as new.

Comment

I have a pair of meindl's and think they are one of the best boots on the market. Not cheap but they will last for years and years !! I would defintely recommend a pair

Comment

Originally posted by Docman
                      I've had my Army Pro's for 3 years and the soles are a long way from being repleced.

Still almost as good as new.
                      Yea but you need to wear them every now and again for them to be worn down. Wearing them while you have you feet up in front of the telly doesnt count!!!::p
                      If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

LOWA Boots are meant to be the very best
                        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

My 2 cents:

Hi-Tec MAGNUM, seem cheap enough and good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker
                            Yea but you need to wear them every now and again for them to be worn down. Wearing them while you have you feet up in front of the telly doesnt count!!!::p
                            Idiotic statement not worth replying to.

Comment

I swear by my surplus German paratrooper boots.Excellent when I go on any sort of off the beaten path walks and they only cost £35.Also quite waterproof.I was nearly up to my knees in Strangford Lough a couple of years back in the process of getting of a causeway that lead to an island we were digging on, got back to the car, took off my boots to make sure I didnt soak anything and found my feet and all but the very top of my socks to be quite dry.Very impressive but a bug to get off becasue of the way they fit round the back of the heel as support.
                              Si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

I've a pair of Magnum Elite Boots. Brilliant boot, never once suffered blisters with them and they are quite comfortable.
                                Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

Working...
                                X