Boots Meindl or Matterhorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnum classics

Have just come back from a two week exersice I bought a pair of magnums the day before I left. Week one feet in heaven ni problems, except from my runners after PT. Week two, it gets wet, and my feet get soaked. Soaked feet get soft and lumps come off my toes, ouch. It seems that the boots have no water proofing. I'm not sure if this should be the case? I even treated the boots with dubbin before the off.

Has any one any ideas, because apart from the wet feet these are great boots.

J

Comment

Try goretex boot liners or socks.

Comment

Are they Symatex?

Comment

No just classics

J

Comment

Combat Boots

What would be a good pair of boots to buy. I know there is meindl, are there any other good makes.

Comment

Meindl. And then there's Meindl. And, um, Meindl. Oh, and Meindl.

The Eagles are for comfort, but the Army Pro give more protection. I found either pair as light as and more comfortable than a pair of Asics runners.

Seriously good boots- cost a fortune but worth every penny. Will be roadtesting my new pair int he Wicklow Mountains shortly.
              Take these men and women for your example.
              Like them, remember that posterity can only
              be for the free; that freedom is the sure
              possession of those who have the
              courage to defend it.
              Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
              If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Hanwag, Lowa, Haix.

I've heard several people say any of the above are better than Meindl. ( I like my Meindls though).

Comment

I've got HanWags, brilliant boot. People who got Meindls about the same time as I got Hanwags say their boot is letting in water now.
                  "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
                  - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

Iv had civie Meindls for about 10 years and there grand, clocked up a fair bit of use. Alot of people dont seem to use the proper liquid was on them.

Comment

I use boot polish on my meindls
                      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

The only problem with my Meindl's were when the soles wore through- all the way through- and that was by reason of neglect.

Oh. And when my first pair was stolen- but that was by reason of my own stupidity, and believing there were no thieving bastards in the Glen.
                        Take these men and women for your example.
                        Like them, remember that posterity can only
                        be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                        possession of those who have the
                        courage to defend it.
                        Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                        If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam
                          I use boot polish on my meindls
                          I hope ure taking the piss...

Comment

You should be using nikwax ... it shines up fine anyway.

Don't bring Meindl's to parade... that's a waste of money and the DF gave you a set of parade boots too.

Keep them in good condition and they'll last a long long time.

4 years with mine and the left toecap has started rubbing the tops of my toes .. might need new ones but there's no leakage.

Oh and I just started using Sorbothane shockabsorbers ... they help a tremendous amount
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Symatex Magnums with the fabric sides are my current combat boots.

The are very light and waterproof, and relatively cheap, which are the 3 most important factors for me ... but the fabric sides are a b*****d to clean, the leather can dent etc easily, and they can get very cold.

But they are not designed as a combat boot, being designed mainly for road use ... but they put in a good show. I've had the same pair for about 5 years.

Comment

if your lookin for cheap but nice boots besides paying loads for Meindls, (which are undoubtedly the best boots you can buy) try getting a pair of web-tex pro xt's i've a pair and i think their a great boot.
                                What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
                                Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Working...
                                X