4th Battalion Closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Battalion Closing

Hi all sorry if this topic has been discussed before but I couldn't seem to find it and I just want a few answers. Does anyone know what is happening to all the soldiers in the 4th Battalion in Cork? Will they all definitely have to move to Limerick and Killkenny?

The answer to your question will depend on who is asking?Why are you concerned?
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Interesting... I posted a reply to this query and it seems to have vanished... anyone know why ???
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Yes. The question is do you?

Comment

I have a feeling the words "Op Sec" come into the reason why it disappeared.
          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

If it were me, and I needed to know the answer, I'd start with my unit chain of command, not an anonomous internet bulletin board.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
              Yes. The question is do you?
              I would've if a mod had sent me a PM telling me.... I didn't see anything especially earth shattering with what I put down....
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I dont see how answering this question compromises OPSEC. In fact i'm pretty sure it was published in Connect/An Cosantoir and some other publications.

Comment

4 Batt

I think with the size of the Army there are still to many barracks in the 26 counties I know soldiers and their families are settled in these areas where these barracks are I think if the DOD want to close barracks
                  they should build good modern accommodation for soldiers families or maybe build new barracks with good living quarters and make sure there well kept .
                  That,s one scinarieo do we need an Army at all a good Naval Service and much stronger Air Corps over 8000 in the Army doing what .

Comment

Originally posted by billya View Post
                    I think with the size of the Army there are still to many barracks in the 26 counties I know soldiers and their families are settled in these areas where these barracks are I think if the DOD want to close barracks
                    they should build good modern accommodation for soldiers families or maybe build new barracks with good living quarters and make sure there well kept
                    That,s one scinarieo do we need an Army at all a good Naval Service and much stronger Air Corps over 8000 in the Army doing what .
                    Logic in that suggestion in the current climate ? When military posts are being CLOSED ?

Comment

who will protect us from thje invasions of the....................on our southern flank if the 4th Batt close . Anyway its too late they are already living in the country

Comment

1 Cav and the Navy of course. Have you not seen the most recent video clip?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

What was once 4Bn is now B Coy 12 Bn since friday last.133 Ex 4Bn troops gone to the best Bn in the army.Remainder gone to 1AR and Collins Bks CS and CSS units.
                          Fair play to the Cork boys and their families for getting what they wanted.
                          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                            What was once 4Bn is now B Coy 12 Bn since friday last.
                            Are they staying in Cork or are they going to be forced to move to Limerick?

Comment

There was an edition of Connect that had the location of the unit as far as I can see only 1 major unit is based over 2+ locations (gormo).

Comment

Working...
                              X