Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research on Life Jackets

Hey Guys
    I am a product design student in UL.I am trying to re design a life jacket for my Final Year Project. Currently I am looking into what users think of existing life jackets, what's currently on the market and what you use in the navy.
    Any feedback is great.
    Thanks

With the NS lift jacket, my experience is pretty limited but I think they are grand. My only gripe about them is the strap that goes between your legs to stop it from slipping over your head when in the water is a tad uncomfortable and a setup more akin to a rappelling harness would be more comfortable. Also, I have thankfully never been in the water with one.

Comment

Check out the major suppliers websites. Helle Hansen, spinlock, Baltic would be good places to get leading designs. Questionnaires to sailing clubs, boat clubs, diving clubs and angling clubs might give some useful user info. Best of luck with the project sounds quite interesting
      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

This Foam jacket takes up to much room on our dive ribs and is just very hard to store when the diver is in the water
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ce-approved-100n-orange-foam-life-jacket.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	697402
        This is the most populer with diver small and easy to put back on after a dive
        Click image for larger version

Name:	48.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	697403

Comment

Didn't realise the NS still had foam jackets! Thought they were all inflatable. How often are the foam jackets used?

Comment

Didn't realise the NS still had foam jackets!
            There were some around used on Open days etc, where people were given rides in the large dive boat and rather that use inflatable jackets and having to give instruction on the use of the jackets foam jackets were used. Convienience more than anything else I would offer.
            Last edited by hptmurphy; 9 October 2012, 14:10.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I presume foam/cork jackets are still used as the option of last resort, rather than the unreliable(relatively) inflating jackets.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

My own pref is for foam units being cheaper to buy,idiot proof,and reduce heat loss in cold weather,downsides include bulk and uncomfort in warm weather.

Comment

Working...
                X