No announcement yet.

Eurocopter EC135

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the people who run this Father Ted stuff pay for there own Medivac. Who do you sue if you break your ankle.

Comment

Sure god will look after them....
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
        Sure god will look after them....
        or the Nuns

Comment

I think everyone should keep to military discussion. Last time I looked 85% of our population was Christian. I wonder would the same people be so quick to slander/ ridicule a Muslim/ Jewish/ Hindu event which also receives State support whether that be the Garda directing traffic or protecting a Synagogue or other requirements requiring more OPSEC intensive support. This is 2017 and the Republic we live in requires that Irish citizens of all Faiths and none are respected. Anti Christian, anti Islamic or anti Semitic comments are neither wanted nor tolerated......witness the sacking of Mr Myers in todays Sunday Times. I for one am not a lemming nor is my relative who is a military Chaplin.
          Sarsfield

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsfield View Post
            I think everyone should keep to military discussion. Last time I looked 85% of our population was Christian. I wonder would the same people be so quick to slander/ ridicule a Muslim/ Jewish/ Hindu event which also receives State support whether that be the Garda directing traffic or protecting a Synagogue or other requirements requiring more OPSEC intensive support. This is 2017 and the Republic we live in requires that Irish citizens of all Faiths and none are respected. Anti Christian, anti Islamic or anti Semitic comments are neither wanted nor tolerated......witness the sacking of Mr Myers in todays Sunday Times. I for one am not a lemming nor is my relative who is a military Chaplin.

The GAA have to pay for the Garda present at big games. Having to station a chopper and support because you know for certain there will be minor injuries but due to the location they have to be lifted off by a chopper. It's a yearly thing so let them organize the health and safety properly.

If they want to suffer for Christ. go do something useful like feed and shower a down and out.
            Last edited by sofa; 31 July 2017, 01:43.

Comment

If the Sikhs, Jews or Muslims insisted on climbing lugnaquilla in their bare feet or walking into the sea backwards and expecting the state to be there to rescue them when it inevitably goes wrong you better believe I'll be on here mocking them.
              Every year pilgrims are warned to dress appropriately for the conditions. Every year they ignore this advice and head uphill with their babies and toddlers wearing flip flops and shorts as thunderstorms hit clew bay.
              It's not about their religion. Its about their ignorance and lack of consideration while worshiping.
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Whats wrong with saying Nuns will look after people?

Overly defensive ... I wonder why ... conversation for another time and place.

Most Irish families have relatives who have taken the cloth in one form or another ... mine included (Nuns too).
                Last edited by Orion; 31 July 2017, 08:47.

Comment

I'm not objecting here to certain things.

An IRCG bird is a big red thing with lots of paramedics and range and set up for the job.

In both cases the state is funding.

Also if I recall theres a huge bunch of civvy firstaiders ( Order of Malta etc ) on the Reek for the day and always has been . That mountain has a habit of dirty weather on the day, and so a whirlybird might not be able to get near.
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

MOD: Leave the MODDING to the MOD's OK.If their is an issue we will deal with it.None of the above comments break forum rules,even if you don't like them.
                    That is all carry on.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

What has any of it got to do with the Eurocopter EC135? Keep to the topic rule?

Comment

The Air Corps carried out two Medevacs from Croagh Patrick yesterday.

I've heard that the PSNI mountain rescue team were involved in yesterdays Reek Sunday, not sure if this is their first year.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                          The Air Corps carried out two Medevacs from Croagh Patrick yesterday.

I've heard that the PSNI mountain rescue team were involved in yesterdays Reek Sunday, not sure if this is their first year.
                          Big is not always better. The photo showed why the EC135 was the right bird for such a job. Firstly it needs only a small landing area and due to its skids the soft ground on such mountains is not such an issue. The S92 would need a bigger and firmer landing spot.

Plus one fact often overlooked is it is good PR for the forces, even if those it was helping would be the first to want to cut the DF budget in favour of overseas aid!

Comment

Originally posted by EUFighter View Post
                            Big is not always better. The photo showed why the EC135 was the right bird for such a job. Firstly it needs only a small landing area and due to its skids the soft ground on such mountains is not such an issue. The S92 would need a bigger and firmer landing spot.

Plus one fact often overlooked is it is good PR for the forces, even if those it was helping would be the first to want to cut the DF budget in favour of overseas aid!

Couldn't disagree more...have you experience working with helicopters?

Depending on the severity of the injury the EC135 would be used, the R118 was also used for a more serious injury that day. Something you may have over looked from the photo is that fact that the EC135 is not being loaded in hot mode, ie the rotars are not turning, the AW139 was used in previous years to much better affect imho, the used the winch with basket to evacuate the casualty, which took only a matter of minutes, so I think the AW139 is versatile to land or evacuate from the hover. The AW139 also comes with large attachments to disperse the load for undulating ground.
                            I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca View Post
                              Couldn't disagree more...have you experience working with helicopters?

Depending on the severity of the injury the EC135 would be used, the R118 was also used for a more serious injury that day. Something you may have over looked from the photo is that fact that the EC135 is not being loaded in hot mode, ie the rotars are not turning, the AW139 was used in previous years to much better affect imho, the used the winch with basket to evacuate the casualty, which took only a matter of minutes, so I think the AW139 is versatile to land or evacuate from the hover. The AW139 also comes with large attachments to disperse the load for undulating ground.
                              Do you LC have experience of operating with helicopters? Its clear from the photo this is a hot load, that is a rotors running load!!!!

Comment

the rotors are turning! Look again....the 139s have to wear skis because the tiny tyres they came with are no good for anything other than very firm ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X