Post VFM- What now for the RDFRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post VFM- What now for the RDFRA

Some here have suggested that the RDFRA have been shown up badly by the VFM. In some cases being ignored by the process, in other cases, going on a solo run and creating further bad feeling amongst the PDF Brethern.

Do they have a future?
    3 days after its publication, they have not made any public statement on the VFM other than the sulky announcement on their page.

The RDFRA (Reserve Defence Forces Representative Association) acknowledges the publication of the Value for Money Review of the Reserve Defence Forces on 20 November 2012 by the Department of Defence. The organisation would like to express its extreme disappointment that it was only briefed, on the contents of the Review, mere hours in advance of its publication. This is exacerbated by the fact that the publication of the Review has been delayed by some 14 months. Obviously, in light of the fact that such a short time frame was provided to the RDFRA before publication, and the lenghty and comprehensive nature of the document, the RDFRA does not intend to make any comment on the matter until it has had an opportunity to review the document and consider its contents and ramifications fully.

Surely while they still are accepting subscriptions from members pay, a more measured response is expected?

Why did the VFM appear on the DoD website so soon after the RDFRA were briefed? What happened to the public release with all stakeholders that was indicated by the Minister, and Minister for state?

Why did a Sinn Fein councillor know about, and publicise the content weeks before the official release? Surely that should have been the RDFRA's job?

Is there a mechanism for the membership to express no confidence in the organisation, or will the hamster wheel keep spinning long after the hamster has left it?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Do you mean consultation, I presume you do ?
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Could members not call for an extraordinary general meeting with perhaps a vote of confidence (or not) in the executive?
      hedons have more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ned stark View Post
        Could members not call for an extraordinary general meeting with perhaps a vote of confidence (or not) in the executive?
        No. They have to be represented by their Sub Unit reps - all of whom were "elected" earlier this year. You cannot just have 2000 people showing up. Can't remember who can call a EGM but I would say it is a very limited number of people.

Comment

You do realise that people from all over the country with full time jobs and families can't just drop everything at the drop of a hat to go and discuss something that the PDF are already implementing?!

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
            No. They have to be represented by their Sub Unit reps - all of whom were "elected" earlier this year. You cannot just have 2000 people showing up. Can't remember who can call a EGM but I would say it is a very limited number of people.
            Why? is the executive afraid of its members???

Isn't democracy great!!!!!!!

well i guess then that the members should hound the s**t of of their reps.........
            Or formulate a proposal and get members to sign it and present it to the members of the NE and DEMAND (after all, its the members that pay into it) an EGM

but of course, this is the RDF, and no one really gives a s**t,,,,,
            hedons have more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              You do realise that people from all over the country with full time jobs and families can't just drop everything at the drop of a hat to go and discuss something that the PDF are already implementing?!
              I didn't realise the RDFRA was a part time organisation. At what times is it available to represent the members then?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
                I seriously doubt RDFRA have 2000 paid up members.
                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

You can also vote with your feet and walk away from them. They seem to be excessively useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                    I didn't realise the RDFRA was a part time organisation. At what times is it available to represent the members then?
                    Roll eyes

I think there may be 1 full time but I'm not 100% don't quote me.

In their spare time, same as those reservists they represent (which they also are)

Comment

I know that i sound naive, but maybe an appropriate response to the VFM would be if all of us who aren't in RDFRA joined up and engaged. Its easy to complain , harder though to do something yourself about the problem, and lets not forget they are our only representation. If RDFRA is so useless get involved and change it. I have never been a member, and now i regret not getting involved.

Comment

I personally won't complain about the RDFRA

I signed up for their mailing list via their facebook webpage, and they in turn emailed me the VFM report as soon as it came out. Their facebook page aside from the shameful, public and pointless bitching/trolling by some RDF members was the only up to date source i had regarding the impending VFM. Considering they were left out in the cold regarding both the steering committee and the publication of the VFM report, they did what they could to the best of their ability's, and i won't fault them for that.

As for them existing after this... depends how integrated we become with the new re-org i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Audax View Post
                          .............. I have never been a member, and now i regret not getting involved.
                          Bit late now

I think it's obvious now that DOD aren't too bothered about it or it's members :(
                          Last edited by bunny shooter; 24 November 2012, 01:16.

Comment

Originally posted by bunny shooter View Post
                            Bit late now

I think it's obvious now that DOD aren't too bothered about them or it's members :(
                            And who are its members?

Reservists

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              And who are its members?

Reservists
                              Edited my post there

Comment

Working...
                              X