Maritime Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm presuming this mention from the Indo is in reference to the PC12's:
    The Defence Forces have funding for three new fix wing utility aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
      I'm presuming this mention from the Indo is in reference to the PC12's:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36611281.html
      Yes

The CASA replacement has been announced in NDP funding as well (total defence capital allocation 2018 to 2027 will be €0.5 billion (indicative))

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
        Yes

The CASA replacement has been announced in NDP funding as well (total defence capital allocation 2018 to 2027 will be €0.5 billion (indicative))
        So what about 50m a year and we already know that 300m or so will go on the EPV and the 2 CASA's, not much leftover for anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
          So what about 50m a year and we already know that 300m or so will go on the EPV and the 2 CASA's, not much leftover for anything else.

€300m more likely €150m at the very most

Comment

• Originally posted by gaff85 View Post
            I see the 2040 development plan has a specific "defence" section, and the highlight is a further 2 Maritime patrol aircraft needed post Brexit.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/201...ect-2040-plan/
            I can see no mention in the NDP of how many aircraft will replace the Casa's or the bizarre connection to Brexit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
              I can see no mention in the NDP of how many aircraft will replace the Casa's or the bizarre connection to Brexit.
              I’d put it down down to thick politician/civil servant/jouro

BREXIT you say? Who says British flagged fishing vessels will have access to EU waters

Comment

I’d put it down down to thick politician/civil servant/jouro

BREXIT you say? Who says British flagged fishing vessels will have access to EU waters
                Brexit or no Brexit, the Casa's are due to be retired and replaced, which has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.

Comment

Brexit or no Brexit, the Casa's are due to be retired and replaced, which has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.
                  And we all know that and the WP highlighted it anyway, but then it's not the first time the Irish papers got stuff wrong, now if we had ended up talking about expanding the buy to 4 then it could be inferred that somebody had thought Maritime Patrol might see increased demands.

Comment

you’d assume external sensors are required
                    They are, for the installation in a C130 they modified both the jumps doors and the main LG doors. As it is a SIGINT/ELINT mission they need to be able to pick-up and locate a wide range of RF signals which is not possible with the normal comms kit.

https://www.lockheedmartin.com/conte...gon_Shield.pdf

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Full article last weekend on the Indo if anyone subscribes.
                          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• The part-time MfD has indicated that the first C-295W MPA will be delivered next week.

Comment

The part-time MfD has indicated that the first C-295W MPA will be delivered next week.
                              Here tis at Paris airshow.

Airbus Defence

@AirbusDefence
                              Let's have a closer look at the #C295 displayed on Airbus static at #ParisAirshow this week. One of its unique features is its long cabin that can be rapidly configured for: Maritime Surveillance Logistic cargo Personnel Medical Evacuation Highly versatile in terms of the number of different missions it can perform, the C295 conducts multi-role operations worldwide under all weather conditions. Learn more: https://airbus.com/en/products-services/defence/military-aircraft/c295
                              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

The part-time MfD has indicated that the first C-295W MPA will be delivered next week.
                                Not meaning to be pedantic but are our new aircraft not known as C-295W MSA, the MPA variant seems to be the more militaristic? (Note: if you search for "c-295 msa vs c-295 mpa" in ChatGPT you get a detailed and an intertesting response)

Comment

Working...
                                X