F Coy 15th Battalion, Listowel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F Coy 15th Battalion, Listowel

Have they finally left Slua Hall after all these years. I've seen some photo's on a friends Facebook page of the last ever fall in for past and present members.

I remember Slua Hall when I was a youngster.

Originally posted by pmtts View Post
    Have they finally left Slua Hall after all these years. I've seen some photo's on a friends Facebook page of the last ever fall in for past and present members.

Yes, only 16 locations were approved outside of manned military posts. Listowel isn't one. This scene has been repeated all over the country
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Cheers TD.

Comment

That unit ceased to exist going on 8 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          That unit ceased to exist going on 8 years ago.

Bloody hell, his slow in posting photos then!!!

Comment

Bloody hell, his slow in posting photos then!!!
            It would have become part of 32 Reserve Inf Bn on 1 Oct 2005.

32 Res Inf Bn ceases to exist from midnight.

Comment

I was D coy 32 Res Inf Bn, now F Coy 12 Bn, we lost pretty much all locations outside of bks, now centralised in Ballymullen bks with HQ in Sarsfield I think?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Tezza View Post
                I was D coy 32 Res Inf Bn, now F Coy 12 Bn, we lost pretty much all locations outside of bks, now centralised in Ballymullen bks with HQ in Sarsfield I think?
                Tralee is a barracks in name only!

What about?
                Skibbereen
                Mallow
                Ennis

Comment

Ennis is now E Coy 1st Bn the rest are part of 12th Bn.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    Tralee is a barracks in name only!

What about?
                    Skibbereen
                    Mallow
                    Ennis
                    Originally posted by smegers View Post
                    Ennis is now E Coy 1st Bn the rest are part of 12th Bn.
                    Are all the above locations part of the 16 non bks RDF posts ?
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Well the building in Killarney was to be sold and all the mat'ls moved to Killorglin where a new building was after being built, that was 2/3 years ago, the building in Killorglin was being used as HQ building for D coy 32 Res Inf Bn but I think that is gone now, thats all gone and its been centralised to Ballymullen Bks AFAIK. Don't know what the situation is with non bks RDF posts, we don't have any anyway I don't think...

Comment

Each Infantry Battalion has at least 1

Comment

Killorglin is now the responsibility of HQ 12Bn and will be kept open and used for adventure training etc.We lost Lahinch.1Bn didn't want it.Camp closed.
                          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

No harm. Apart from it's location its a kip.
                            At least killorglin has reasonable abolution, lecture and kitchen facilities.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                            X