What the hell are we

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell are we

Alright some are calling us RDF, some are calling us FCA and some are calling us names I won't print here!!! :D

But will someone please tell me have we changed over to RDF or is that just wishful thinking? Lets finish this once and for all

As far as i know the RDF consists of an slua mhuiri and ourselfs the fca. so collectively we are the rdf but singularily (big word for me) we are the fca/sandbaggers/free clothes association/ weekend warriors/ fools carrying arms......need i go on!

Comment

Personally i preffer "fairy cake army"!
      Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

During a recent unit conference we were told to stop using the name FCA and use the new official name.... Cultaca an Airm (My Irish is very bad so excuse spelling if wrong) which is Army Reserve in english. All the official recruiting posters refer to us as the Reserve Forces and the Army Reserve in Particuliar. RDFRA should know but getting info from them can be like getting blood form a stone at times!

Comment

As far as I know we are still the FCA.

Comment

what are we

WE ARE STILL FCA,MR SMITH HAS NOT SIGNED ANY DOCUMENTS YET.I SUPPOSE HE IS TOO BUSY,DOING WHAT?

Comment

All paper work is to be converted to the Army Reserve ASAP according to our CQ. The change is coming but its as usual taking its time
              Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
              http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

The RDF does not include the Slua Muiri. They are the Naval Reserve something (can't remember right now). The FCA is becomming the RDF - when Mr Smith gets off his ass and signs the paper.
                I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

I have been informed that we are now the RDF (Reserve Defence Forces) which consist of the Army Reserve (Forsa Cultachta an Airm) and the Naval Reserve (I can hardly pronounce the irish let alone spell it).

Comment

I will investigate this further - I suppose I could be wrong.

Be afraid, be very afraid......
                    I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

we were always both! The FCA is the army element of the RDF while the slua is the naval element of the RDF, remember the RDFRA has been about since 93 and what does RDFRA stand for?
                      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

The Official word on the name change- From the RDFRA site.

"we would advise that the Steering Group Report was approved, in principle, by the Minister for Defence in mid-January. To-date he has not signed the appropriate regulation concerning the change of name but we understand this will happen very shortly."

The Coy signs in country areas in my battalion have had "FCA" removed form the sign and "RDF" painted in their place.

Basically it looks like we are not the FCA but not yet the Army Reserve.

Comment

name change

from what i have heard over the weekend the minister has just signed the documentation making the F.C.A. the R.D.F. i may be wrong but it was an officer that said this!

Comment

Well he was wrong!!!! Tell conlon to get his facts Right!!!
                            Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Well the RDF is the CA and SM, Yes I'd like to Point out our new Name is NOT the RDF but Cultacha an Airm. and the Slua Muiri will still be the Slua Muiri, I havn't heard anyone calling it Cultacha and Cabhaliagh yet!!
                              Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Working...
                              X