Future of soon-to-be retired OPV's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
    Maltese flag raised this morning on Maltese Maritime Squadron P62, former LE Aoife.

P62....... The fecker are robbing our new ship!!!!!!.

Slan go foill Aoife.

Comment

• Typical honkey, can't tell the difference between the ships....
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
        Typical honkey, can't tell the difference between the ships....

Hope your not referring to me.........

Me of only 18 yrs service in the NS

Comment

• Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
          Hope your not referring to me.........

Me of only 18 yrs service in the NS
          Rhodes of course. Did I see a few photos from yourself on FB earlier of the same event?

Comment

Typical honkey, can't tell the difference between the ships....
            Typical civvy, the ship is now P62.

Comment

• Whoosh.

Comment

Rhodes of course. Did I see a few photos from yourself on FB earlier of the same event?
                Nope, wasnt there today when she went. There is lots of pics up alright though from various sources. Nice ones form the tug that was pulling her out

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                  Given it had been a private purchase , I doubt it
                  This actually appears a bit murky. Emer was acquired by a private security company in Nigeria and refitted. Then, possibly, confiscated by the Nigerian navy!

The 65 metre 1,020 ton ex-Irish Naval Force Offshore Patrol Vessel formerly known as “L.E Emer” and now rechristened M.V. Emer was sold to a Nigerian maritime security contractor. WORLD…

Comment

• Originally posted by expat01 View Post
                    This actually appears a bit murky. Emer was acquired by a private security company in Nigeria and refitted. Then, possibly, confiscated by the Nigerian navy!

https://beegeagle.wordpress.com/2014...ty-contractor/
                    Yeah, this is fairly well known here, the Video of her commissioning into the NNS is on here somewhere, she's now the NNS Prosperity.

Comment

• Ah, post #185. I looked too quickly and missed it. My bad. Friend here sent me the link

Comment

• Where is Aoife now??

Comment

• In drydock at Cork dockyard. Fresh coat of paint, bottom survey and replace P22 with P62 and she'll be good to go. Nameplate is already removed.

Comment

In drydock at Cork dockyard. Fresh coat of paint, bottom survey and replace P22 with P62 and she'll be good to go. Nameplate is already removed.
                            What armament has she got currently? Is the Bofors going with her?

Comment

• Yes, no rhinos though. The Bofors is quite a common PV armament, with ammo easily sourced and maintenance is relatively straightforward(compared to other naval weapons). Ideal for what Malta will be using it for.

Comment

• What are the conditions generally like in the Med? Is she likely to have an easier time of it out there?
                                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Working...
                                X