Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Watch

I'm in the market for a new time piece.

My Trusty G Shock Mud man of about 6 years is no more (Through my own fault as opposed to a failure of the watch). I'm very tempted to get a new version of the same watch.

Then this little beauty caught my eye...I chose to ignore the cheesey "stealthy secret mission" bullsh!t.

Or else the Mudmans posery brother http://www.gshock.com/watches/Master_of_G/GW9000A-1

The atomic power of this isn't really a runner as I sync my time to what time I'm told as opposed to what time it is! But the solar power is deffo worth it. And it has the reliable mudman stamp.

Either way it has to be able to survive a good crawl through the mud.

Anyone tried either before?
    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Wont last as long as a €100 watch but you'll be way less upset when it breaks/gets lost as it only costs €7.

Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

What happened to your mudman?

I have a riseman with the atomic clock sync - you can still set the time manually, which deactivates the automatic sync with the atomic clock.

Comment

2 and a half years of solid abuse, and bar a few scuff on the case, good as new. Simple as when functions are concerned, and the analog is a pain to set sometimes, but bar all that, good watch that performs when you need it to. If you shop around on ebay you can get a new one for €60.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

In the market myself, however with a tendency towards nickel allergy, I need one with a strap that goes all around the wrist, with the silver bit not exposed to make contact with skin. Any ideas?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

My gshock is approaching a decade, the strap is held together with elastic but the core unit soldiers on, no sign of battery failure. That works out to €7 a year.
            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

i have the same watch as captain edmund have it 8 yrs it has a new strap thats it. it takes a lot of abuse and keeps goin

Comment

meh.........g-shock, mudman, casio..........Bleurrggghh............soon there'll be an app for that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  In the market myself, however with a tendency towards nickel allergy, I need one with a strap that goes all around the wrist, with the silver bit not exposed to make contact with skin. Any ideas?
                  You can get adapters (a bit ugly) for some G-shocks so that they can take "NATO straps" - basically just a webbing strap that goes all the way round.

Have had my eye on GW5600 for a while, need a new watch after my cheap Vostok gave up.

Here's a bloke who just cuts a NATO strap to fit a GW5600: http://mywatchoftheday.blogspot.ie/p...ification.html

Comment

Duffman,

What about a Suunto Vector HR? similarly rugged, loads of gadgets, military favourite and also has heart rate monitor for training.

An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Think the Suunto may be too complicated for him........
                      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

I presume you had the old mudman if its 6 years old, try this lad http://www.casio.com/products/Watches/G-Shock/G9300-1/ survived recruit and 2* training, never left my wrist and not a mark on it, well worth the money IMO .....
                        Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori

Comment

That is the one I have. Very pleasantly surprised by the compass, if all else failed you could make it home by navving with it.
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

recently got a G-shock myself. Model 3750, cost Eu 116 all in from a dealer on ebay, delivered in a few days. Tough as a boot.

regards
                            GttC

Comment

Working...
                            X