Wearing non-issued gear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing non-issued gear.

I was only issued 1 DPM uniform, but I have a two week camp, will I get abuse for wearing uniform I bought as opposed to issued?
    Probably a stupid question but there you go! :P

Originally posted by Jack.s View Post
    I was only issued 1 DPM uniform, but I have a two week camp, will I get abuse for wearing uniform I bought as opposed to issued?
    Are you a recruit? Then most other people will be in the same boat. You'll be able to get your uniform washed. Dont waste your money on buying things that should/will be issued to you.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Don't buy Irish (and especially not foreign) DPM kit.

On Day 2 ask your section commander

Comment

Originally posted by Jack.s View Post
        Go to your unit section commander. Ask for 2nd shirt, trousers, t-shirt, by all means buy socks, plain dark green t-shirts with no logos on them if possible. Don't wear football socks. Go to tkmaxx.

Don't wear non issue NON rish dpm. If you already have irish army issue clothing you bought, please note its illegal to sell or purchase Irish army uniforms. However if you have access to spare Irish army trousers and shirt, bring them.

Your unit has a CQ (prob 4 after the reorg)? Not sure of recruit scale of issue, the info is out there somewhere though but if you're entitled to two uniforms your CQ can and should sort this out for you.
        Last edited by morpheus; 27 May 2013, 10:36.
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

What they said, your chain of command is your first port of call.
          "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Thanks lads

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              Don't buy Irish (and especially not foreign) DPM kit.

On Day 2 ask your section commander
              It also needs to be illegal to produce or sell Irish military or police uniforms through various back channels. Look at the amount of kit that paraded around Dublin City centre under the eyes of the Establishment. It was a deliberate affront to our Army and State. At the same time the USA based branch were pumping out a fund raiser show on Facebook under " Brits Get out of Ireland " banners and the artist was a guitar playing " One Shot Kelly". Were they friends of MLMcD, didn't she march behind their banner?? The dust bin of history is waiting for a lot of garbage.

Comment

Many people forget that the Defence Act already has provisions

264.—(1) If any person (not being a member of the Defence Forces) wears, without permission granted by or on behalf of the Minister, any uniform of the Defence Forces or any colourable imitation thereof, such person shall be guilty of an offence under this section and shall be liable on summary conviction thereof to a fine not exceeding ten pounds or, at the discretion of the court, to imprisonment for any term not exceeding three months.

(2) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply in respect of the wearing of any uniform of the Defence Forces or any colourable imitation thereof in the course of a stage play or other dramatic representation or performance.

(3) In this section the word “uniform” includes any distinctive part of a uniform.
                3 months in pokey . Is a Tricolour not distinctive ?

265.—(1) If any person wears any uniform of the Defence Forces or any dress, having the appearance of, or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of, any such uniform, in such a manner or in such circumstances as to be likely to bring contempt upon that uniform, such person shall be guilty of an offence under this subsection.

(2) If any person employs any other person to wear any uniform of the Defence Forces or any dress, having the appearance of, or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of, any such uniform, in such a manner or in such circumstances as to be likely to bring contempt upon that uniform, such first-mentioned person shall be guilty of an offence under this subsection.

(3) Any person who is guilty of an offence under subsection (1) or (2) of this section shall be liable on summary conviction thereof to a fine not exceeding twenty pounds or, at the discretion of the court, to imprisonment for any term not exceeding six months.
                6 months in pokey

The electronic Irish Statute Book (eISB) comprises the Acts of the Oireachtas (Parliament), Statutory Instruments, Legislation Directory, Constitution and a limited number of pre-1922 Acts.

The electronic Irish Statute Book (eISB) comprises the Acts of the Oireachtas (Parliament), Statutory Instruments, Legislation Directory, Constitution and a limited number of pre-1922 Acts.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                  Many people forget that the Defence Act already has provisions

3 months in pokey . Is a Tricolour not distinctive ?

6 months in pokey

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1...en/html#sec265
                  As amended by the 1987 Act which increased:
                  - Section 264 to fine of IR£1000 and/or 6 months
                  - And the fine in Section 265 to IR£200

Comment

Should be illegal to wear a paramilitary style uniform in a parade

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      Should be illegal to wear a paramilitary style uniform in a parade
                      Especially if it is 1980’s/90’s British Army working dress...
                      'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                      'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                      Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                      He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                      http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                        Especially if it is 1980’s/90’s British Army working dress...
                        I'm guessing that they don't see the irony of the "Brits out" attitude with wearing the British Army working dress of days gone past.
                        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                          I'm guessing that they don't see the irony of the "Brits out" attitude with wearing the British Army working dress of days gone past.
                          Well, it goes without saying they aren’t the sharpest tools in the box...

I’m glad I wasn’t there. I don’t think I’d have been able to resist shouting:

- “Do none of you muppets know what an iron and starch are? And what is that turd on your head? Get down and giv me 20 and then get out of my sight! You look like a sack of shit tied in the middle! And while you’re at it, get a bloody haircut!”

Last edited by Flamingo; 23 April 2019, 01:32.
                          'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                            Well, it goes without saying they aren’t the sharpest tools in the box...

I’m glad I wasn’t there. I don’t think I’d have been able to resist shouting:

- “Do none of you muppets know what an iron and starch are? And what is that turd on your head? Get down and giv me 20 and then get out of my sight! You look like a sack of shit tied in the middle! And while you’re at it, get a bloody haircut!”

The ongoing problem is that they are describing a reformed pan-national, multi-denominational , police force as the enemy. Their offices and communications need to be closed down. We need stricter rules for politicians--any party that promotes confrontation with the state , incurring time and cost to the state, and participating in such exercises on the street, should be forbidden to do so as a member of our parliament. MLmcD marched with those yet to be killers in New York.
                            Last edited by ancientmariner; 23 April 2019, 10:20.

Comment

Had i been close to that parade i would have called out a few foot drill orders to the participants , a good old Iompaig Tahart followed by another one and another one . The confusion would have been priceless .
                              Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Working...
                              X