No announcement yet.

Defence forces Deployment to UNDOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The crusties have gone quiet since the rebels started killing priests and using chemical weapons...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
      I wonder what armour will go?
      how many support bodies etc to keep our bodies in the field?
      I,d imagine something like 3 pln,s inf with coy cmdr etc the rest will be logs
      Armour for infantry is MOWAGs

I'd imagine a small logs component.

Comment

Mowags APCs supported by 30mm equipped version, RG32s... thats why we buy all this shit.. there is a war on you know!
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post

i'd expect ltav as well
          who threw the smoke in the van

Comment

I wonder what armour will go?
            how many support bodies etc to keep our bodies in the field?
            I,d imagine something like 3 pln,s inf with coy cmdr etc the rest will be logs
            The current FMR know as Force Headquarters Company is carried out by the Philippines troops since the Austrians pulled out. Their armour is UN supplied, mostly Sisu APC's with a number of M113's and RG32M's also used. AFAIK all the AFVs are unarmed.
            I would say the Irish Inf Gp will bring with it its own Mowag's APC's as well as a number of Mowag CRVs and LTAVs. The usual CSS will be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
              The current FMR know as Force Headquarters Company is carried out by the Philippines troops since the Austrians pulled out. Their armour is UN supplied, mostly Sisu APC's with a number of M113's and RG32M's also used. AFAIK all the AFVs are unarmed.
              I would say the Irish Inf Gp will bring with it its own Mowag's APC's as well as a number of Mowag CRVs and LTAVs. The usual CSS will be needed.
              I am sure a trip overseas is good for morale, however and its a big however, what will be the rules of engagement , what role will they actually have , dont mind what the UN haedquarters thinks and says say they are supposed to do,
              How will they protect themselves, will they have the capacity to do so if the RoEs say so, etc Its only a few weeks ago that a whole bunch of the Philipinos were held captive etc, Will the Irish just become hostages in a political game like say the early UNIFIL outposts in IDF / SLA controlled areas,
              These questions need to be addressed. The Brass may like it, lots of cushy jobs with allowances in Jerusalem etc so lets be measured in our rersponse.

Comment

Same shite different AO, wonder will we ever have a Defence & Foreign affairs ministers who decide to send a Bn to somewhere where Ireland actually benefits. Send BN to the DRC/wherever with Irish mining firm and profit!
                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                  Same shite different AO, wonder will we ever have a Defence & Foreign affairs ministers who decide to send a Bn to somewhere where Ireland actually benefits. Send BN to the DRC/wherever with Irish mining firm and profit!
                  We don't do colonialism.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                    Agreed,

As for not doing colonialism The Irish did it for years in other peoples armies.

Just think what Executive Outcomes did in Sierra Leone for a fraction of what a much larger and more exspensive UN force could not achieve.

MOD: Edited to remove veiled attempts to stir up s**t and drag another thread off topic.
                    Last edited by apod; 17 July 2013, 19:08.

Comment

yes but its fmr role so will 30mm go mowag rws models go
                      small logs ?? cooks medics tpt ord sigs eng mp,s admin staff stores etc etc-- will all possible have a section atleast there it takes a lot of logs to keep a company in the field
                      look at what we did in kfor

Comment

small logs ?? cooks medics tpt ord sigs eng mp,s admin staff stores etc etc-- will all possible have a section atleast there it takes a lot of logs to keep a company in the field
                        Kaiser if you can look at the organisation of 42 Inf Gp going to Lebanon in November, it'll give you an idea what will go to Syria.

Comment

Kaiser if you can look at the organisation of 42 Inf Gp going to Lebanon in November, it'll give you an idea what will go to Syria.

The Minister didn't say an Infantry Group!

Comment

The Minister didn't say an Infantry Group!
                            But the Army did.

Comment

1x Coy HQ
                              2 x Mech Inf Pl
                              1 x CS Pl (Cav & Arty)
                              1 x Logs Element

Comment

is it an inf group going?? I served with the first inf gp to kfor the logs bn was monstrous

Comment

Working...
                                X