Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDF Recruiting in Meath Area.

Hi lads,

I want to join the RDF. I know that many places aren't recruiting until next year. I live in Trim, Meath and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what units are recruiting in my general area and when will they be recruiting? I was told already to go to 27th E Coy this Wednesday @ 2000 on boards.ie but if they're not recruiting I'd like some alternatives.

Thanks.

No RDF units are recruiting at the moment. An overall ban remains on enlisting personnel until the re-org shakes out, likely as mentioned not till 2014. Although a unit may tell you it is recruiting you will not be enlisted/attested. Keep an eye here or on boards for more.

Many rural posts closed in the re-org and the advice above is likely correct for your closest unit. Dublin probably your next nearest.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

When recruitment reopens your options in the general area are:

Navan
      Mullingar
      Cavan
      Dundalk
      McKee Bks beside Phoenix Park in Dublin

Last edited by DeV; 13 August 2013, 14:35.

Comment

Thanks lads,

I'm going into Navan tomorrow to see them and see if I can get my name down for next year.

Comment

Thanks,

Is it worth my while going up to see them anyway? Maybe to get my name put down on a list or something. Or will I be likely turned away at the door? It means I've to take the evening off work if I do.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
            When recruitment reopens your options in the general area are:

Navan
            Mullingar
            Cavan
            Dundalk
            McKee Bks beside Phoenix Park in Dublin

http://www.defence.ie/WebSite.nsf/Re...6?OpenDocument
            Don't think there are any RDF elements in McKee now, from what I remember
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hysteria616 View Post
              Thanks,

Is it worth my while going up to see them anyway? Maybe to get my name put down on a list or something. Or will I be likely turned away at the door? It means I've to take the evening off work if I do.
              Depends on the unit

Comment

It means I've to take the evening off work if I do.
                If the RDF parade nights conflict with your livelihood, then you may want to consider your options. The Reserve will only have a negative impact on your finances at the best of times if you're already gainfully employed.

There will be an expectation on you to parade regularly, which will mean having to compromise on your availability for work. If your employer doesn't mind and you can afford to take the hit financially, then crack on. It's a great experience, but that's all it is at present.

Comment

Job first.

As much as I enjoy my time with the reserve, do not give it priority over your work.
                  It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Thanks,

Then leave it for a night your not working or phone them on a break during the night (I'm sure someone here can put you in touch)

Also they may be on a break for the summer

Comment

Cheers. It's only a summer job that I won't be able to keep come September as I'm back in college, so that doesn't matter. Yeah, if somebody is familiar with anyone in E Coy in Navan, then could you please send me a message with some details. That'd be great.

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

I think I heard that that unit is on a training break at present, so probably best not head up tonight. I'm sure someone here will be able to PM with more info.

Comment

I will say that Navan has some excellent instructors. Hands down some of the best in the RDF.
                          It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                            I will say that Navan has some excellent instructors. Hands down some of the best in the RDF.
                            If you dont choose Navan, join the cav!

Seriously though, Navan is probably your best bet, a couple of troops are from Trim I believe so you may even be able to car pool. PM sent anyway!
                            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                              Of course they are, as I trained them myself.
                              it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
                              Winston churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X