Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major General (retired) Michael F. MINEHANE Leopardstown, Dublin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major General (retired) Michael F. MINEHANE Leopardstown, Dublin.

The death has occurred of Major General (retired) Michael F. MINEHANE

Leopardstown, Dublin,(And late of Bantry.)

Peacefully at the Beacon Hospital. Beloved husband of Maura and father of Michéal, Ann, Cathal and Niamh.

Sadly missed by his family, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, grandchildren, brothers, sister, brothers-in-law,

sisters-in-law, relatives and friends.

+ Rest in Peace +

Removal on Tuesday evening (August 13th) to the Church of the Ascension of the Lord, Balally arriving at 6pm.

Funeral Mass at 10am on Wednesday (August 14th) followed by burial in Shanganagh Cemetery.

Family flowers only please. Donations, if desired, to The Irish Hospice Foundation

Rip

unficyp fc 1992-1994

Comment

May the Lord Jesus have mercy on his soul,

Comment

Rest in Peace.
        "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Rest in Peace. 2ic 46 Bn UNIFIL a gentleman

Comment

Working...
          X