Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Lower than a snakes balls Duffman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

New Pair of tactical Gloves

In the market for a new pair of gloves, I had an excelent pair of Petzl Rope / Belay gloves that lasted a good 5 years http://www.petzl.com/en/pro/vertical...ssories/cordex (obviously not in dayglo yellow!). But have recently started to come undone with stitching on fingers splitting.

Anyone bought a decent pair recently? I don't like the soldier 95 gloves either which are the most readily available. Water proof is not a priority either so won't be using seal skins!

Was looking mechanix mpact gloves or http://www.nightgear.co.uk/511-Tacti...m?colour=Black something along the lines of these. Around €50 is my maximum.

Also for any of the anti-gucci crowd. Yes I have tried using the Woodies work gloves in black only costs €5 and very tactile, but I want something that will protect the hand and last the pace with a few weeks hard wear!
    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

2. Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've a set of these in olive green. Great gloves, very hard wearing and excellent dexterity.

http://shop.camelbak.com/magnum-force-gloves/d/1195
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oakleys do a great set of tactical gloves. You'd be looking at 40 for the gloves and another ten for shipping though. Know a few lads who use them. Only thing I didn't like about them was a lack of dexterity but no more then any other glove
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Post Thanks / Like
    Went with the mechanix mpact gloves in the end. I'll let yis know how they fare!

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mechanix M-Pacts. Like 'em so much, I'm going to get a second set.

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got issued a couple of 5:11 gloves there tac NFO2
    there grand for every day tasks and jobs as the movement and dexterity is good but I wont be wearing if im operating in the cold

thank the mod for fixing it
    Last edited by trellheim; 18th October 2013 at 16:18.

8. Likes Duffman liked this post
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    that was my first attempt at posting a link
    epic fail

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Paul Weller

Post Thanks / Like
    The M-Pact gloves were spot on. Great lightweight but tough glove survived 2 weeks out on the ground and some serious rough housing. But caveat emptor, one of the lads bought a pair at the same time as me and the rubber moulding on his came loose after a day or too. 8/10 if I was to rank them.

Thread Information