Defence Forces Annual Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence Forces Annual Report

The Department of Defence and Defence Forces Annual Report for 2012 has been published.

Would have been nice if the report had acknowledged that at the time of his appointment as Military Judge, Michael Campion was Capt Michael Campion, a
    serving Reservist
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Department of Defence and Defence Forces Annual Report for 2014.

Comment

Department of Defence and Defence Forces Annual Report 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
          Department of Defence and Defence Forces Annual Report 2015.

http://www.defence.ie/WebSite.nsf/AR2015E
          Fishery patrols seem down by over 30% compared to 2014 Pontus?

Comment

Excuse me

/rant mode on
            The Defence Forces Medical Corps has four main service objectives:
            • To maintain and promote health and well-being for, and prevent disease amongst,
            serving members of the Permanent Defence Forces (PDF);
            • To maximise the medical readiness of the PDF for operational activities both at
            home and overseas;
            • To provide current and competent field medical support in operational and
            training settings both at home and overseas; and
            To medically assess members of the Reserve to ensure their health status is
            compatible with their role as part of the Single Force Concept
            /drunken rant removed on legal advice . The portion above is yellowed becuase it is a lie : Medical Corps refuse point blank to deal with reservists and refer to an unworkable GP scheme

/rant off
            Last edited by trellheim; 25 July 2016, 00:58.
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
              Excuse me

/rant mode on

/drunken rant removed on legal advice . The portion above is yellowed becuase it is a lie : Medical Corps refuse point blank to deal with reservists and refer to an unworkable GP scheme

/rant off
              what's this a Army. or a bunch of Dublin Corpo layabouts .

Comment

this is complete bo!!ix

I have to attend a seperate audiogram in a DF medical facility in coming weeks, or i cannot use pyro, and as for my doctor, well he made such a fuss about not knowing about the DF paying for my medical that i just paid cash and claimed it off my own health insurance provider.
                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                  Fishery patrols seem down by over 30% compared to 2014 Pontus?
                  But more boardings than 2014 (same amount of detentions).

It could be technology and more targeted maybe.

It was definitely going to have an impact anyway

Comment

Probably also down to the retirement of older vessels, while their replacements take time to work up to full ability.
                    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                      Probably also down to the retirement of older vessels, while their replacements take time to work up to full ability.
                      Yes, I thought of that as possible reasons but the 2006 report gives a figure of 1590 patrol days for FP, it looks like FP is a dead man walking and rightly so.

Comment

Wasn't the fleet down to 7 vessels for a fair period?

6 vessels when you consider 1 was in the Med for a fair period (at times there was a 2nd on the way as well)

Then there was also the asbestos effected vessels

Potentionally there could also be a lack of crew

Comment

Pontus can effectively take 3 vessels out allowing one each for pre-fit, on station and refit thereafter. Even so the 2014 figure is for c.1100 which is down from 2006 by a fair bit and most interestingly the 2014 figures represent the patrols sought by the SFPA which calls the shots on FP. As the SFPA gets more confident and realises that the focus should be on landings rather than boardings then the amount of FPs will diminish from a previous largely random system to a targeted one for vessels of interest to the SFPA.
                          Given the glaring effect of Pontus on FP it would appear that a concurrent piracy etc deployment would almost completely deplete domestic availability of the NS for FP etc. Having said that peoples lives are more important that checking up on smelly trawlers.

Comment

Department of Defence and Defence Forces Annual Report 2016.

Comment

Department of Defence and Defence Forces Annual Report 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X