Army and Naval Service Joint Exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army and Naval Service Joint Exercise

Prior to her de-commissioning, L.É. EMER was involved in a joint exercise with the Artillery Corps M-UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) Section. A Temporary Restricted Airspace (TRA) for military exercises was constituted over Bere Island in County Cork. Within this TRA naval operators flew a Ship Protection Operations (SPO) mission.'Hostile' boats, hidden from the ship by Bere Island, were monitored by the UAV. This early warning allowed the ship to adopt a defensive posture and repel the 'attack'.

This exercise demonstrated the utility of UAVs in the maritime environment and showed the high degree of joint co-operation that naval and army assets achieve. The oldest ship in the Naval Service fleet was thus involved in exercising the newest technology available to the Defence Forces on her final patrol in commission.

From Facebook.
    Attached Files

the guy on the right is saying "remember, pull back, the houses get smaller, push forward, they get bigger. keep pulling back, the houses will get bigger, real fast."

regards
    GttC

Comment

Sorry peeps. Open goal like.
      " I will not have my fwiends widiculed by the common soldiewy"

Comment

Glad to see the NS and the Army working together like this. More of the same please Ted!

Comment

The israeli Navy operate a version of the orbiter from their vessels, might suit the OPV under construction.

Comment

Army and Naval Service took part in a joint .5 shoot from LE Ciara last week.

Attached Files

Comment

somebody buy them a bag to catch the empties....

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                I thought the NS had them!
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                  its ally. ally saves lives....

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                    I thought the NS had them!
                    Thee NS aren't the ones firing. I'm sure the army will send a few lads to collect the empties after the shoot.
                    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

good oul demarcation....not my job,etc,etc ;-)

Comment

The Army started it....
                        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Someone get na grohmit a brown storeman's coat and a placard...

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanrner View Post
                            Someone get na grohmit a brown storeman's coat and the best appetite suppressants placard...
                            Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing Rhodes.
                            Last edited by RonnyW; 29 July 2019, 10:30.

Comment

Just noticed in the pic. The .5 mount is lower then the top safety rail, which has had to be removed. I think an empties bag would impede traversing the weapon. Perhaps a scoop shute under the gun, directed into a deck mounted canvas bag might be 80% successful.

Comment

Working...
                              X