No announcement yet.

Post 94 contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UP!!!! UP UP UP UP UP - anywhere but at my back (im pretty fast so will usually be infront of you) cos if i see it pointed at me, its barrel will be going up your ar$e sideways.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by Napp View Post
      What's the procedure for manouvering with loaded weapons - up or horizontal?
      A lot of muzzle awareness challenges in there...
      "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

What's the procedure for manouvering with loaded weapons - up or horizontal?
        The rifles aren't loaded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
          bad drills = more kills
          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
            Yeah...wrong answer. Bad habits acquired in trg are reproduced under strsss.
            "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle View Post
              Yeah...wrong answer. Bad habits acquired in trg are reproduced under strsss.
              It's a competition .. designed to train the soldier under stress to load and unload whilst shooting 10x10 inch plates 100 meters away.

Comment

• Remember to that the pic is taking from the side .
                Whilst running for plates you would almost never have someone directly in front of you.
                The picture shows two teams and team captains so it looks condensed

Comment

• Still though, so what is the protocol? Surely if you are doing live fire tactical training, break contact drills, or running up a range, you are manouvering with your weapon in the same manner? Not picking you up 'cause it's the DF lads, but with 'train as you fight' in mind, this makes no sense.

Comment

Still though, so what is the protocol? Surely if you are doing live fire tactical training, break contact drills, or running up a range, you are manouvering with your weapon in the same manner? Not picking you up 'cause it's the DF lads, but with 'train as you fight' in mind, this makes no sense.
                    It was a falling plates competition, not LFTT, the galloping major or an ex. All rifles in the picture are pointed in a safe direction, either down range or in the air. They are running in a line side by side with no one in front of them, its because the picture was taken at an angle and that some guys can sprint faster than others it makes it look like they are bunched up but they are not.

Falling Plates Competition. The falling plates competition was held in Kilworth, Co Cork.

Comment

• It's not falling plates
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                        It's not falling plates
                        It certainly looks like it to me. If not WTF is it. You have the guy carrying the flag, you have the two referees/judges running behind (its about 15 years ago at least).

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                          It certainly looks like it to me. If not WTF is it. You have the guy carrying the flag, you have the two referees/judges running behind (its about 15 years ago at least).
                          I agree however the only caveat, is the no. Of NCOs on display. I count 3. Taking that this picture is from the mid 90's, were NCOs allowed on PDF team compositions as firers.? The FCA equivalent did not permit NCOs as firers in that era.

It certainly looks like the curragh plains, the best range for fp !

Comment

• Nco,s were and are allowed on rifle teams. I didn't know the reserve weren't .

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                              It's not falling plates
                              exactly something something the naafi opened raf reg defending somthing. joke in there somewhere

Comment

• that's the Derby. Fire at 300, change mag, run to 200, fire, change mag, run to 100,etc,etc. Did it myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X