Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Satellite Service / Set Top Box

Hi guys,

I've heard there are some excellent Free HD Satellite boxes available these days.

My idea is to use my existing Sky dish with one of these boxes.

Can anyone here who may have one recommend one?

Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi Cooley - I've put in a couple of Freesats for family over the years, but by no means an expert.

The Freeview/Sky Channels both use the same satellites - 28.2E, so you don't need to change anything outside.

As regards the boxes, it's been years since I got one - but I'd look at a Saorview/Freesat HD combo box, so you can wire in a TV aerial & the satellite & just use one remote.

Typing Saorview Freesat HD combo into ebay brings up the "Ferguson Ariva 250" - and there's a huge thread about it on boards.ie, might be a good place to start: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056711036

Comment

if your going for a sat box only your better off with freesat it cost a little more but they update automatically
        if you want your rte's as well good combi boxs are hard to find and are generally expensive if they are good , the best of the cheap ones seem to be triax
        you sky dish will do the job for the sat side of stuff just connect it and scan if you get freesat then you'll have to enter a uk postcode and it will tune it to the local set up eg regional bbc
        i used to install em
        who threw the smoke in the van

Comment

i can get you a Sky 'ringer' - unlocked without a need for a card.

PM me for details.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

When I am bored I start petitions at http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions

I use the post code from parcel motel-1A McKinney Rd
            Newtownabbey
            BT36 4PE- and every so often when it rejects it I use the post code from the Strabane Shinner office-Fountain Street, Strabane, BT82 8JQ.

I dont know if those UK post codes will suffice for you- but this one will get you anything -London SW1A 1AA (Always apartment 2 A, front house) (note- dont write always in the address)-
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Well thanks for that hedgehog (?)

RGJ - please don't discuss ringers here, plenty of other fora for that.

I am a huge fan of freesat with a combo HD box.

I have an Ariva 150. This combines Saorview and all the freesat into one box , with HDMI Out to the telly.

Got mine of satellite.ie a few years ago ( Ariva 120 ) and when it went flat it was upgraded to the 150 at no cost. All you need is a dish and rabbit ears and no more UPC, no more Sky , and if you want to watch PPV there is a card reader slot

Big shout out to satellite.ie http://satellite.ie/acatalog/Ariva-150-combo.html#SID=1, that's just the box, there is a dish + fitting there as well.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

You are very welcome.
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

fergisons are a load of shite myself and one of lads had a load go wollop over a long period so it wasnt a bad batch
                  you wont get freesat combo ,freesat is uk the uk aerials are only mpeg2 the irish is mpeg4 so they wont make a freesat with mpeg4
                  who threw the smoke in the van

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                    i can get you a Sky 'ringer' - unlocked without a need for a card.

PM me for details.
                    Are you encouraging an Illegal act?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Are you encouraging an Illegal act?
                      Dealt with by me on thread already. Move along.

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking about getting a 'combi' box with Saorview and Satellite. Just a question regarding aerials. Apparently an indoor aerial will do. I live very close to one of RTE's transmitters so hopefully will get a stron signal. Can anybody recommend a suitable indoor aerial?

Comment

the 9.99 rabbit ears from Argos work perfectly for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X