Leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave

ERROR 4.0.4Something  Went Wrong The page you are looking for was moved, removed, renamed or might never existed. Please Click on Home below to return to the main menu. HOME

What exactly does this mean?

Originally posted by DeV View Post
    http://pdforra.ie/news/?p=980

What exactly does this mean?
    Currently if someone wants to apply for say a weeks leave they will have to use seven days leave with this new proposal only five days will be used. If someone wanted to apply for say leave for a Friday and the following Monday they will have to use four days leave, new proposal two days leave. Leave cant be broken over a weekend period, Saturday and Sunday has to be taken off as leave even thought they will probably be off anyway.

Comment

No more AH's?

Comment

That's the system we use and it is much better.

Turns 4 weeks Leave into 5 and a half weeks Leave or in other words 28 days Leave into 38 days Leave.

However I can't see you keeping your 'Rest Day' if this is introduced.

I hope you do get the new system being proposed.
        Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 21 November 2013, 01:52.
        RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Naturally they introduce this system AFTER I leave........
          To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

That's what I taught and it seems fair.

With regard to the max holidays, will it be the same for the NS?
            The change for new enterants is just wrong!

Does the change of DF holidays mean that you not get public holidays off?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
              That's the system we use and it is much better.

Turns 4 weeks Leave into 5 and a half weeks Leave or in other words 28 days Leave into 38 days Leave.

However I can't see you keeping your 'Rest Day' if this is introduced.

I hope you do get the new system being proposed.
              I'm just scared of change! dont know why, i'm not even that old.

Did you get time taken off for good behaviour or something?

Comment

Its just another cut

Comment

The rest day is protected

Originally posted by Tango_Charlie View Post
                  I'm just scared of change! dont know why, i'm not even that old.

Did you get time taken off for good behaviour or something?

Everyone is afraid of change it's natural

Originally posted by holdfast View Post
                  Its just another cut
                  The leave week changing is actually an increase (that will probably be cut elsewhere)

From the above it means that if you are away from Monday 1st and not due back until 0800 on Monday 7th, that used to be 7 days leave, now it will be 5 days leave and a weekend pass

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    From the above it means that if you are away from Monday 1st and not due back until 0800 on Monday 7th, that used to be 7 days leave, now it will be 5 days leave and a weekend pass
                    why complicate the process? do away with 'weekend passes' and have Leave as Leave - if it covers a weekend then these are still Leave but don't come off the Leave entitlement, obviously.

there is a chance for change here, make the most of it.
                    RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Our leave system is like the British: we count only weekdays that are not statutory holidays. Weekends are free, but usually included on leave passes as weekend days, to avoid someone putting the member on duty in the middle of leave. COs are allowed to give up to 2 days of "short leave" every month. So we end up with leave passes for the upcoming holiday season that last 23 days, but use up only 6 days of annual leave.

We get 20 days of annual leave for the first 4 years, then 25 during the 5th year of service. Then once we complete 28 years, we get 5 more days, for a total of 30.
                      As a general rule, most of our troops get 3 weeks summer leave, 3 weeks Christmas leave, and a one-week Spring break in March. Some guys take less during the summer to use during hunting season.
                      "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

we are lucky, we get a minimum of 38 days leave per year regardless of rank or time served.

in 2012 we had 45 days leave (9 weeks / 63 days in total including weekends) - the standard 38 plus 1 day for the Diamond Jubilee, 1 day for the Royal Wedding, and 5 days (1 week) for our work during the Olympics.

a virtually unlimited number of weekends can also be taken as Leave where permissible, but Duty will always prevail and fairness enforced.

we do not have any 'rest days' regardless of Duty, unless a shift system is implemented.

one days Leave is also granted for every 9 days on Operations in addition to the above.

in my opinion we have the fairest and least complicated Leave system of any Army i have encountered, and anyone basing their Leave model on ours would be wise.
                        RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

I think we need to look at the proposals , the context and use Homer's philosophy ( Simpson ) . The DOD ( Bart) want to do this as part of Crokepark Park 2 , therefore it will screw Homer ( us) , so we fight it tooth and nail and do the opposite ( Homers philosophy) .

When members of the DF get paid and treated like the rest of the public service then maybe the bean counters can use a similar system of leave. It seems crazy , same leave regime for DF member as clerical worker in HSE ! Cancel the DF holiday for 1916..... Thank god the country was founded by soldiers and not the kind of clowns behind these proposals !

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Booted Man View Post
                            I think we need to look at the proposals , the context and use Homer's philosophy ( Simpson ) . The DOD ( Bart) want to do this as part of Crokepark Park 2 , therefore it will screw Homer ( us) , so we fight it tooth and nail and do the opposite ( Homers philosophy) .

When members of the DF get paid and treated like the rest of the public service then maybe the bean counters can use a similar system of leave. It seems crazy , same leave regime for DF member as clerical worker in HSE ! Cancel the DF holiday for 1916..... Thank god the country was founded by soldiers and not the kind of clowns behind these proposals !
                            I agree, they are only trying to screw us, they can ram there new proposal.

Comment

I agree, they are only trying to screw us, they can ram there new proposal.
                              (a) As a member of the DF there is **** all you or your representitive body can do about it.

(b) As members of the public service the governments have managed to turn the consensus of public opinion on us demonizing what was gained through toil and tears to gain some degree of equality in the work place.

(c) Public service unions and representitive bodies have screwed over their members by creating criterion within certain lines of employment that are unjustifiable but were never normalized thus creating huge anomalies when it came down to scuitiny.

(d) Ironies of Ironies, those who have the tools to hand to stop it all don't have the bollocks to make it all stop.
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                              X