No announcement yet.

Leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can only assume it was plea bargained away for something else in a round of negotiations. Given the frequency of officers serving overseas it is hardly a pressing concern.

Comment

Originally posted by midnight oil View Post
      I can only assume it was plea bargained away for something else in a round of negotiations. Given the frequency of officers serving overseas it is hardly a pressing concern.
      it's a man's Leave we are talking about - of course it is a pressing concern.

as i said earlier - any Leave system should be fair.
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

It is a fair system. Given that it is not something that is not something discussed at work / in the mess testifies that no one has any issues with the current leave system for officers. There are more differences but I am not going into them here.

I dont care what the BA or the French or the Fire Brigade have as it is of no consequence to me, just like my leave has no bearing on you. I personally have no issues with my current leave entitlements. Like most officers and many many NCOs and Men I end up losing leave every year as I just cannot justify taking it and / or end up having to do 3 weeks work if I take 3 weeks leave so if you are able to take 7 weeks off every year then I wonder what the hell you do every day if your unit can manage without you for nearly two months a year

Comment

Also losing a handful of days every 4years is hardly going to kill anyone. I actually do know why it changed and we are better off for it both financially and otherwise

Comment

it's not going to kill anyone but it is going to deny them of Leave which in a fair system they would be entitled to.

fcuking with someones Leave and being so flippant about it not good, and i can't see it being tolerated in many organisations like it seems to be here.
            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

It is not ****ing with anyones leave. There is a DFR and an Admin Instr that deals with leave. Everyone in the DF knows their entitlements. There is no ****ing. It is very clear cut.

I can see issues with the BA system but this is not the place to criticise

Comment

ok midnight, but it doesn't bode well when the attitude to someone losing Leave unfairly (compared to others) is "it won't kill anyone".

just because there is an AI doesn't mean it is fair either and i would question that, which i am told is what used to happen years ago in our system when Officers were subject to different Leave to Soldiers until it was revised and made fair and equal.

i was hoping this was something PDFORRA were aiming for but apparently not.
                RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                X