Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    No mention of the "Garda" Puma.
    It was never operated by the Air Corps. More like a wet lease from the Bundesgrenzschutz. I.e. German pilots. The only Air Corps connection was a liaison role for local geographical knowledge.

Comment

No mention of the S61 AKA SK 257 either

Comment

Originally posted by Jetjock View Post
        It was never operated by the Air Corps. More like a wet lease from the Bundesgrenzschutz. I.e. German pilots. The only Air Corps connection was a liaison role for local geographical knowledge.
        I remember hearing of an army officer who gained crewmans wings for his weekend aboard the Bundesgrenshuz machine.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatbomb View Post
          No mention of the S61 AKA SK 257 either
          And then there were 2 gazelles....... Nit Pickery at it's finest.
          "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
          Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
          Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Theres a gazelle in the picture!?
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

lt Kelly was the first pilot on eithne p31..i think he was a lt/col then... he could handle her in any weather..nice man,,,pity the whole idea fell apart,,,

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                lt Kelly was the first pilot on eithne p31..i think he was a lt/col then... he could handle her in any weather..nice man,,,pity the whole idea fell apart,,,
                He was indeed, nice guy.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

VIDEO: Watch Army Rangers fast rope from a chopper under cover of darkness over the Curragh

Comment

Several of the older pilots used to moan that they wanted the DoD to buy Alouette IIs, to spare the IIIs for operations, because so much flying time was lost to pranged-in-training IIIs being repaired. The II would have been so useful for the kind of running around that the Alouette III ended up doing.
                    regards
                    GttC

Comment

Its a pity that an 'Open Day' or 'Photo Call' (involving aircraft from the Coast Guard, RAF, RCAF, HMCG etc) wasnt organised to mark the occassion?

Perhaps we will see a book or a brochure (like the 1993 '30 Years of Heli Ops' brochure) published?
                      ...and/or a commemorative patch?!
                      IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                        They're operated by the Air Corps and have Air Corps numbers.
                        True, but they're not available for DF operations or tasks.
                        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Nice footage

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
                            True, but they're not available for DF operations or tasks.
                            Question...... Is the GASU/GardaĆ­ not part of the DF ?
                            Regards
                            Tony K

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Kearns View Post
                              Question...... Is the GASU/GardaĆ­ not part of the DF ?
                              Regards
                              Tony K
                              Did you really just ask if the Gardai are part of the Defence Forces? Really....?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post

Nice footage
                                Private video

Comment

Working...
                                X