No announcement yet.

Defence Forces ambulances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the DF ambo ATCA ops get a mention in the Df annual reports.

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
        Originally posted by DeV View Post
        No
        It'll be mentioned in a HSE report about conning the DF into paying for an Ambo crew to do a job the HSE should be paying for.
        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

It'll be mentioned in a HSE report about conning the DF into paying for an Ambo crew to do a job the HSE should be paying for.
          Doubt it.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
            No
            Wow... One of the more high profile ATCA ops and NO mention at all ???
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Have to wonder if the Df are ashamed/embarrassed by this ATCA,the Cg certainly dont hide their airambo ops under a bushel by contrast.Also must conclude the moaning is originating in Hse quarters where certain punters are down Ot etc due to the Df picking up the slack.

Comment

See like everything in Ireland there's a big catch... Yes the HSE will ask the DF ambo's to do a call , but as fair as they concerned the have now contracted the DF to provide care, treatment and transport for the casualty . All of which must be done in a CEN Compliant Ambo with minimum Paramedic level on board.

Now that's great for our lads.....UNTIL and there is always an UNTIL... Some knacker see's the opportunity and says he wasn't treated right by a 'soldier'.

Im not saying its a bad idea, Im saying it leaves the DF wide open!

Comment

Depends on the treatment provided for the skill level an EMT can be on an ambulance.

Only road ambulances (ramps and all) are used.

Comment

Im not saying its a bad idea, Im saying it leaves the DF wide open
                    Given as I mentioned earlier that the DF are being trained in line within accepted Paramedic Standards and this goes back even further than I related as the NS had guys training the NAS I don't see it as a problem.

the Dublin Fire Service deploy ambulances to a very high proportion of shouts in the Dublin area, obviously they must hold paramedic qualification to do so, why not the DF.

It should be remembered that a high proportion of the NAS guys came from the DF in the first place. Ok they had to requalify and weren't always medic, I've seen a Mowag commander instructor as a paramedic, if I had a choice I'd ask for no finer guy to look after me should I need it!
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Have to wonder if the Df are ashamed/embarrassed by this ATCA,the Cg certainly dont hide their airambo ops under a bushel by contrast.Also must conclude the moaning is originating in Hse quarters where certain punters are down Ot etc due to the Df picking up the slack.
                      Train weekly with a number of Dublin Firefighters. and an a number of occasions have heard them slagging off HSE Ambo crews.

Nobody likes being replaced
                      Last edited by sofa; 12 December 2013, 23:55.

Comment

I remember 30 years ago, a certain rivalry between DFB and Eastern Health Board ambulance services (long before paramedic training), which always seemed to me to be more about protecting their own turf than anything. In those days, the EHB ambulances were the only ones that carried Defib's.
                        'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                        'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                        Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                        He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                        http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Comment

CMU ran a ex in the DFTC recently enough for DF, NAS and DFB

Comment

Dublin Fire brigade is at present fighting to turn around a decision to take the ambulance service off them.
                              Due to a turf war with the HSE rivals

Comment

HSE vs DFB .... aside from the professionalism of both sets of ambulance staff, I reckon I could wager my house on which is run in a more professional manner.
                                Here's a clue: It ain't the one that snorts the largest departmental budget in the state like a line of cocaine and blows it all on admin for the sake of admin, and horrific management at civil servant level, and someone is now proposing that they now run the entire ambulance service countrywide? God help us.
                                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                                X