No announcement yet.

Army Ranger Wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's still plenty of "collective fear" here after those.
    as per my normal rants, its those who don't remeber the reality of the past that we have the most to fear from due to their intransigence towards the actions of the terror groups in the past.

Recent activities and lack of agreement in the North in the last week show high light what Adams quite rightly said some years ago... 'They Haven't gone away....'
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by bunny shooter View Post
      Really?

I know they were not on a scale of WWI & WWII etc but we've had the within the last 100 years the 1916 Rising, War of Independence 1919-1921 & let's not forget the dreadful Civil War 1921-1923 on Irish soil not to mention "The Troubles"!

There's still plenty of "collective fear" here after those.

Our current Army was even 'born' in this era.
      All the examples you give above split Irish society, The so called "Emergency" was the only thing I can recall that caused the Irish to close ranks.
      (Nazi collaborators as usual excluded)

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
        as per my normal rants, its those who don't remeber the reality of the past that we have the most to fear from due to their intransigence towards the actions of the terror groups in the past.

Recent activities and lack of agreement in the North in the last week show high light what Adams quite rightly said some years ago... 'They Haven't gone away....'
        And when the present issues are reluctantly resolved in the north, Jaree and the goons will come up with another stunt to start the unionist off again.
        All part of the plan to p£ss everyone off with the Loyalists

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
          Jaree and the goons will come up with another stunt to start the unionist off again.
          All part of the plan to p£ss everyone off with the Loyalists
          I think the fleg parading nutters are more than capable of doing this all by themselves, WTF has this collective fear & norn Iron shite got to do with the topic?
          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
            I think the fleg parading nutters are more than capable of doing this all by themselves, WTF has this collective fear & norn Iron shite got to do with the topic?
            You are right an the flag protesters. these nutters can always be depended on.

Little Counties like Holland and Belgium are allowed to spend a realistic amount on there armed forces, because these counties have being invaded and re-invaded down the years and there population suffered for it, and have not forgotten. They did not have the luxury of being tucked in behind a county with a big military.

Comment

Apologies for sending this thread way, way off topic, the attitude of what seems to be the majority of our population just seems to have absolutely no time/ respect for us at all and it pisses me off.
              I mean if our fellow irishmen dont even have the time of day for our elite unit what chance does the ordinary Pte walking his beat have!

Comment

I mean if our fellow irishmen dont even have the time of day for our elite unit what chance does the ordinary Pte walking his beat have
                Its just not an Irish trait, until you have a significant negative event such as the Niemba ambush.

Ireland just doesn't 'do' live heroes.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

In terms of the women issue, you generally do not see too many women serving in frontline special forces units like the SAS, KSK, etc. Though it would be great to see more women attempting selection.

Comment

The front cover of the next edition of Soldier of Fortune magazine.

Attached Files

Comment

WTF?
                      'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                      'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                      Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                      He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                      http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Lovely new photo...
                        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Are the cuffs of his shirt / smock turned up?
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I sense a complete slippage in journalistic standards coming on.....

Comment

Since when has SoF ever been considered journalism? Seems to be an excuse to promote gun ownership while at the same time encouraging mild racism.
                              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Thats a very old photo, we've seen it here before , eons ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X