USP Holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
    there's probably an element of where you are wearing pistol going to need to be taken into account, barrack duties, ops, overseas,etc. the first will probably limit choices the others will give a bit more lee-way. is the pistol going on a belt, vest, etc.

which brings up the question of internal pistol holsters on vests. a bit useless when you think about it. secure but no way you'll get to it quickly. if you do think you'll need it, it's just going to be popped in another pouch, etc.
    Yeah in Bks you can't really be walking around with a drop leg or with pistol mounted on vest. But on ops etc there's a place for it.

Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
    **** cross draw. I never understand why people would use it.

Keep the pistol on your strong side, far more natural movement into a firing position.
    I don't know enough about pistol usage to pretend to be an expert. But judging from what I've read from the Americans a lot of it comes down to preference. The considerations of an LAPD copper and a Barrack Orderly Sgt are quite different. Cross draw has disadvantages in terms of an opponent blocking draw etc. but has advantages for vehicles etc. where as strong side carry has the advantage as its harder to block.

From what I have observed the "up and out" method that you need when drawing from the hip can be cumbersome as opposed to the cross draw which feels more natural. But I'm sure with training that will change.

Now I need to find a Bks friendly holster on the cheap.
    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Don't see why a drop leg around a barracks wouldn't work.
      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
        It's "too gucci for duty"
        "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Ah so you've been encouraged to go less gucci.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/171008457844

It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Similar to safariland & Serpa but cheaper. They won a big US army contract so it's good stuff.

I'd try ringing daniel technology first though and ask them if they have any safarilands for the USP that they'd sell you. They're the agents for them here I believe.
            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by madden View Post
              Main reason was that in the old days when the issue holster had the spare ammo mag holder built into the holster, it allowed you to draw and have the spare mag near your left hand for reloads.
              in the old, old days the holster was made of canvas with a simple flap and buckle.

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
              it would work as well as the drop kick the BSM would issue you
              An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
                It's "too gucci for duty"
                It's not practicable for duty.. It's a tactical holster designed to be lower on the leg to accommodate body amour/ battle vest.

I wore an issue drop leg over seas and it was a pain in the arse... I now wear a belt holster ..If I wear my battle order I mount the holster on the battle vest.

Comment

Originally posted by x-rayone View Post
                  .... It would work as well as the drop kick the bsm would issue you:-d
                  lmfao... :-d
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I wear a Protac belt holster(strong side) and a protac ammo pouch on my weak side when on duty.Old viper dropleg when I wear my CEFO.Issue dropleg has the same problems as the issue dump pouch and respirator haversack.Impractical buckles on the leg straps(easily fixed).Also the issue dropleg has no thumbreak on the retention strap.I have been informed that the duties in a certain border Bks wear dropleg holsters as standard.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                    X