Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
    Lighten up.....

Just be careful, you might meet some of your instructors on line!!!!

Has happened
    Oh I just know that my gobbing off on here is going to cause me trouble on some courses if/when I eventually get on to them.

Comment

Hey Jack.s

relax man, you are probably frustrated, yet some of the information you seek is opsec - it involves movements of materials and personnel of the defence forces no matter how mundane you consider that.

Go to your Corporals - ask them - repeatedly - use the chain of command - exhaust it
      chances are there will be a full time recruit training period this year as there are whispers that recruitment will commence sometime around the end of the first quarter.

however:
      firstly, what is your rank ... officially? if you dont know, you CAN ask this of the chain of command.

note, you shouldn't be considering a PNCO course if you have not completed the recruit phase and are not a full 3 star - i think this would prohibit you from attending it.

however, if you have been promoted to 3 star - i.e. if you ask the above question and are told that you are in fact a 3 star - (your official rank is on your payslip) then you can be considered for a PNCO course.

BTCs were disbanded and the RDFTA will now run this course as far as im aware.

There is a YO's and a standard NCOs course being run this year.

PNCO courses usually begin in the first half of a year and joining instructions are normally sent out by now so I have a feeling the next one wont be until next year.

hope this helps - calm down man.
      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
        ...Wrong, RDF BTCs are now part of the PDF BTC.

PNCO courses usually begin in the first half of a year and joining instructions are normally sent out by now so I have a feeling the next one wont be until next year.
        ...Technically correct, but PNCO course 2012 in SBde was announced at the beginning of March, and ran weekends in March, April, May and June with FTT at the end of June into July. Basically, a PNCO course could still happen this year.
        Last edited by ODIN; 5 February 2014, 18:10.
        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Fair enough on the BTC's - whats their official status so? i was told that they were absorbed into the RDFTA so assumed that they had ceased to be?
          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

They have been absorbed into the PDF BTC's as an RDF cell, although are substantially smaller than the pre re org establishment, I won't go into specific numbers, but the taskings remain the same, ie running of recruit, 2-3 star and PNCO training.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
              ...Wrong
              Well partially correct. BTCs are still to run this course. But if its not on the ATD its probably not running.

The parts about the rank is correct. If you have not been published in Routine Orders as promoted to 2* and 3* by your C.O then the only course you can do is a Recruit Course, and if you are a two star, a Three Star Course for most units. There is not much getting around this.

Only then is PNCO an option.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

the RDFTA
                Such a thing no longer exists.

Comment

RDF Training Element?

Comment

There are no RDF units anymore, that includes the RDF BTCs and RDFTA. There is now RDF personnel in the (PDF) BTCs and each school in the DFTC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack.s View Post
                      Any dates on an RDF recruit camp? I've been in the RDF since 2012, haven't been sent on a recruit camp, fired the Steyr and GPMG, and have done a 3 star course, but no recruit camp, absolute joke as I can't do any courses or anything.
                      Have you found out what the story is yet?

There will be a course this year

Comment

Working...
                      X