Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sofa View Post
    Poor you.
    Dude, believe me... it's not an easy life.

But my time here is up, going home tomorrow. It's about time, my liver hates me and has asked for a transfer. There is a snow storm on the forecast back home for tomorrow; it's gonna be shitty.
    "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

No pity here mate. I wanted to go somewhere sunny for my post norway leave.... so, im now on the train to... london. Not quite what I had in mind.

And back on topic. Jungle what goes in the 2 man pulks?

Comment

Originally posted by Napp View Post
        Jungle what goes in the 2 man pulks?
        They are used to carry the section's collective equipment; a typical load includes:

- A tent (10 or 5 men, depending on section's role)
        - A naphta stove
        - A naphta lantern
        - A snow/ice tool kit
        - A cook set and pressure cooker
        - 2 snow shovels
        - A spare parts/repair kit
        - 48 hours of rations (Soldiers carry an additional 24 hours in the ruck)
        - 72 hours of naphta fuel (1 li per person per day)
        - Whatever else the section requires for the mission that can fit in the toboggan and/or the rucks.
        "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

On a related topic, apologies for going off thread, does anyone know what the DF participation will be in these Norwegian/NATO Cold Response Exercise:

IAS

Comment

Originally posted by ias View Post
            On a related topic, apologies for going off thread, does anyone know what the DF participation will be in these Norwegian/NATO Cold Response Exercise:

IAS
            Officers from the EU BG maybe?
            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

We sent a 2-Coy battalion; some of the same guys, after a 2-week short-stop at the home-station, are going to Martinique for jungle training.

Never give up!!"

Comment

some more on our Reserve Marines in Norway...

For the past fortnight, the reservists have been learning to survive and move about in the Arctic Circle as part of their vital training for the Royal Marines.

Since landing in Norway, the 73 men – 67 Royal Marines reservists and 6 Royal Netherlands Marine Corps reservists – have been through a non-stop learning process.

The first 2 days comprised of safety lectures in Asegarden Camp, outside Harstad. Following that, the men were sent straight out to the mountains where, under the guidance of a mountain leader, they learned the basics of surviving in a harsh, Arctic environment where temperatures fall as low as -30°C.

Reservist Corporal Shaun Larkin, who has 7 years experience in the Corps, said:

Training in Norway is like nowhere else, you really have to know yourself and trust your team mates in order to survive in these conditions.

Read More: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/r...rctic-training
                RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                X