X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boarding Operation by the Naval Service

That's some swell.

Comment

Its all down to a good boat cox'n, get it on the crest at the right time and it makes it so much easier for the guy going up the ladder.....then nip of out of sight, get your fags out the plastic bags and have a smoke!
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I see that the camera is from 101 sqn IAC, isn't that the casa's? how did it get so immobile and stay on station so long?

Comment

I find the title of the video a bit amusing , Naval Service and the Air Corps , does this mean that it is considered a joint operation if the Air Corps video tape it . A bit like saying that an RTE camera crew are part of the emergency services because they showed up to film an accident scene .
          Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

The CASA may have identified the vessel as worth a look

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              The CASA may have identified the vessel as worth a look
              That may be so , and most people on this site would think that , but the video does not realy inform us as to the Air Corps involvement in the op and so Joe Public is none the wiser and another missed oppertunity .

Comment

Originally posted by Laners View Post
                I find the title of the video a bit amusing , Naval Service and the Air Corps , does this mean that it is considered a joint operation if the Air Corps video tape it . A bit like saying that an RTE camera crew are part of the emergency services because they showed up to film an accident scene .
                The title of the video is "Boarding Operation by the Naval Service", there is no mention of the Air Corps in the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                  The title of the video is "Boarding Operation by the Naval Service", there is no mention of the Air Corps in the title.
                  The opening credits of the video .

Comment

I think we are completely missing the point of the video, it is for recruitment to the Navy, that's what it says at the end ( there is no general service recruitment for the AC at the moment). As for missing an opportunity for PR for the Air Corps , what exactly do people think a maritime patrol aircraft does , it says it's a joint operation, so surely we have to give the viewer the credit that they will know an Air Corps aircraft might have more of a role then voyeurism. Maybe I am giving the PR types too much credit, but could also it be a subtle hint that we boarded one of those huge trawlers everyone was cribbing about.

Call me old fashioned, I thought it was a good video and if I was an impressionable young man or woman it would make me think the Navy is an interesting and exciting career.

Comment

I think Laners is beyond the target recruitment audience.

I think its a great video, if you thought the NS was soley about get bashed about in a RHIB and not a blues suit or white cap in site. !

It is interesting viewing , but not that I would have used as a recruitment video.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                      X