Thanks Thanks:  119
Likes Likes:  297
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Transits, Hyundais etc are white fleet
    And scanias, pajeros, rangers, some other trucks, the iveco rolloverbulances and the Nissans really..
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The real Jack View Post
    And scanias, pajeros, rangers, some other trucks, the iveco rolloverbulances and the Nissans really..
    Scania 6x6, GSs and FFRs aren't white fleet (think transits are)

The idea of the white fleet is it more economical

Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would you like to explain, in more than one sentence, what the term white fleet means? Please.
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by na grohmití View Post
    Would you like to explain, in more than one sentence, what the term white fleet means? Please.
    White fleet are the more economical to run vehicles. These have been purchased increasingly so over the last few years. You cannot carry certain items in them. They are run abouts. They are used to perverse the life of the F/A/B Echelon vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like
    White fleet in a military would be admin/logs vehicles that are only for internal non operational use, Dev is implying that the DFs fleet of mainly civilian vehicles will be segmented into a cheap and not to cheap category. I saw a pajero being loaded onto a ship while painted white in a recent press release, I doubt the pieces of shit could take the weight of an armour kit so they're either being sent overseas as a death trap for bods or hopefully to be written off as a camp runabout.

6. Thanks sofa thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The real Jack View Post
    White fleet in a military would be admin/logs vehicles that are only for internal non operational use, Dev is implying that the DFs fleet of mainly civilian vehicles will be segmented into a cheap and not to cheap category. I saw a pajero being loaded onto a ship while painted white in a recent press release, I doubt the pieces of shit could take the weight of an armour kit so they're either being sent overseas as a death trap for bods or hopefully to be written off as a camp runabout.
    GSs & FFRs aren't considered white fleet in any military.

Minibuses, staff type cars etc are white fleet
    Last edited by DeV; 4th August 2017 at 01:40.

Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    So basically a VONTI.
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

9. Likes apod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vonti?

Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like a ponti, only a vehcle.

12. Likes The real Jack, apod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by na grohmití View Post
    This will explain - although the lads have pretty much covered it...

http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/gen...f#search=white fleet
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

14. Thanks na grohmití, hptmurphy thanked for this post
    C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    I happened to see an Army 141 D Ford Ranger today, standard green colour....and what really caught my eye was the "truck of the year" badge on the rear. It stuck out like a sore thumb against the dark green paint. I thought the DF specified that such tat, including anything that identified the supplier, be removed from vehicles prior to acceptance.

16. Likes Truck Driver liked this post
    Corporal
    Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt there was a "de-badging" fee so they said feck it

C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    I happened, one time, to see a new type being accepted by the Transport Officer and the transport lads. They were all over it, poking in and out,etc. The TO walked around to the back, saw the mudflaps with the garage name on them and saw the garage sticker in the rear window and came to an immediate halt. "Flight!" , sez he, "Get them off, now!", pointing at the offending articles. The Flight Sgt asks why...."The DF doesn't do advertising!" and he refused to accept the vehicle until the items were gone and plain mudflaps fitted.

Corporal
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha I used to see the odd FM104/98FM sticker in the back window of the older type GS's but that seems to have been stamped out...not a bad thing IMHO its not great when civvies see that sort of thing.

20. Likes GoneToTheCanner, Truck Driver liked this post

Thread Information