No announcement yet.

Pajero Replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the off topic, and I'll understand if no one wants to answer but does anyone know what the Vamtac ST5 was doing outside Galway last Tuesday?

It was similar to this but with a flat bed rear section.

Comment

• The DF is going "white" / "green" fleet :(

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
        The DF is going "white" / "green" fleet :(
        Lol that's a change to our white fleet that's painted green, our green fleet would be the man sv wreckers, the merc trucks and a few others!
        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Transits, Hyundais etc are white fleet

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocinante View Post
            Sorry for the off topic, and I'll understand if no one wants to answer but does anyone know what the Vamtac ST5 was doing outside Galway last Tuesday?

It was similar to this but with a flat bed rear section.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8437[/ATTACH]
            Didnt we have a couple of these on trial a few years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
              Transits, Hyundais etc are white fleet
              And scanias, pajeros, rangers, some other trucks, the iveco rolloverbulances and the Nissans really..

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                And scanias, pajeros, rangers, some other trucks, the iveco rolloverbulances and the Nissans really..
                Scania 6x6, GSs and FFRs aren't white fleet (think transits are)

The idea of the white fleet is it more economical

Comment

• Would you like to explain, in more than one sentence, what the term white fleet means? Please.
                  For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                    Would you like to explain, in more than one sentence, what the term white fleet means? Please.
                    White fleet are the more economical to run vehicles. These have been purchased increasingly so over the last few years. You cannot carry certain items in them. They are run abouts. They are used to perverse the life of the F/A/B Echelon vehicles.

Comment

• White fleet in a military would be admin/logs vehicles that are only for internal non operational use, Dev is implying that the DFs fleet of mainly civilian vehicles will be segmented into a cheap and not to cheap category. I saw a pajero being loaded onto a ship while painted white in a recent press release, I doubt the pieces of shit could take the weight of an armour kit so they're either being sent overseas as a death trap for bods or hopefully to be written off as a camp runabout.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                        White fleet in a military would be admin/logs vehicles that are only for internal non operational use, Dev is implying that the DFs fleet of mainly civilian vehicles will be segmented into a cheap and not to cheap category. I saw a pajero being loaded onto a ship while painted white in a recent press release, I doubt the pieces of shit could take the weight of an armour kit so they're either being sent overseas as a death trap for bods or hopefully to be written off as a camp runabout.
                        GSs & FFRs aren't considered white fleet in any military.

Minibuses, staff type cars etc are white fleet
                        Last edited by DeV; 4 August 2017, 01:40.

Comment

• So basically a VONTI.

Comment

• Vonti?

Comment

• Like a ponti, only a vehcle.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                                Would you like to explain, in more than one sentence, what the term white fleet means? Please.
                                This will explain - although the lads have pretty much covered it...

http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/gen...f#search=white fleet
                                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                                X