No announcement yet.

Map Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the discovery series and sucessfully soft laminated the whole lot with Clear Contact without bother and they lasted me for years , in fact some one is still using them, but it took time and patience.

yes I bought the whole series, but at the time I was covering vast areas while on excercises, record being 7 counties in one three week period.

I have a Protac Map bag I popped all my nav gear into, still have it, actually good bit of kit and a clip board. For vehicle bound work it was ideal.

For small area work I just scanned the original again sealed it and if it became damaged just dumped it as required.

One exercise we had a canny officer who rigged an inverter in a nissan, mounted a latop and printer /scanner and printed the local maps as required.

We each had our own Garmin Sat Nav/GPS, personal purchase at the time , so we became quite adept at route marking etc at the time.

Way back when I actually gave a shit!
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
      I used the discovery series and sucessfully soft laminated the whole lot with Clear Contact without bother and they lasted me for years , in fact some one is still using them, but it took time and patience.

yes I bought the whole series, but at the time I was covering vast areas while on excercises, record being 7 counties in one three week period.

I have a Protac Map bag I popped all my nav gear into, still have it, actually good bit of kit and a clip board. For vehicle bound work it was ideal.

For small area work I just scanned the original again sealed it and if it became damaged just dumped it as required.

One exercise we had a canny officer who rigged an inverter in a nissan, mounted a latop and printer /scanner and printed the local maps as required.

We each had our own Garmin Sat Nav/GPS, personal purchase at the time , so we became quite adept at route marking etc at the time.

Way back when I actually gave a shit!
      Now that WAS a canny officer... Bet no one threw flour bombs into that Nissan...
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Bet no one threw flour bombs into that Nissan.
        Nope but a few were launched from it!
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
        X