Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  37
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    C/S
    Post Thanks / Like

British Army's Annual Medical Service Tactical Training Exercise 'Arduous Serpent'

From the facebook page. Well done to all involved.

Well done to the Defence Forces Army team who placed second in the British Army's Annual Medical Service Tactical Training Exercise 'Arduous Serpent'. The British Army's annual competition pits the very best UK Armed Forces medical units and invited foreign military teams against each other. This year each team was assessed at 12 military and medical stands over 24 hours while covering a distance of 20km on foot. The stands were:
    1. IED cordon.
    2. Running of a Role 1 Medical Facility.
    3. Section in Attack.
    4. Concealment of medical facility.
    5. The Combat Estimate.
    6. Falling Plates.
    7. CBRN drills.
    8. Treatment of casualties.
    9. Triage.
    10. Marking of a Helicopter Landing Site.
    11. Log carry and Stretcher race.
    The Irish Defence Force was again invited to attend this year and a team of 11 Army personnel travelled to the competition in Catterick, UK from 05 -09 June 2014. The team came 2nd out of a total of 20 teams.
    https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...36916120_n.jpg

http://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/h...11889696_n.jpg
    Last edited by Schmigs; 9th June 2014 at 18:28.

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great news and good drills. What units did they come from
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

In Arduis Fidelis rod and serpent's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmigs View Post

Well done, congrats all round.

My my own team came 4th out of 20. Not bad for a team that did fcuk all for the past 12 months.

4. Thanks Flamingo thanked for this post
    Likes Flamingo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a link to the face book site.

6. Likes morpheus liked this post
    Commandant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rod and serpent View Post
    Is there a link to the face book site.
    https://www.facebook.com/DefenceForc...52408382071166

Post Thanks / Like
    CMU. A few very experienced guys there. A lot more to the comp than medical skills. A lot of soldiering involved.
    Well done to all involved.

I trained one of the team as a 2*.I must have done something right
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

9. Likes DeV, sofa, Flamingo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks .

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a full list of the team positions.
    Last edited by rod and serpent; 9th June 2014 at 20:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know a few of the faces too. Well done to all, an excellent achievement.

As Apod said, some excellent soldiers in that group with plenty of tactical/medic experience behind them.
    The people of England have been led in Mesopotamia into a trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honour. They have been tricked into it by a steady withholding of information. The Baghdad communiqués are belated, insincere, incomplete.....It is a disgrace to our imperial record, and may soon be too inflamed for any ordinary cure.We are to-day not far from a disaster.

T.E. Lawrence, 2 Aug 1920.

Commander in Chief RoyalGreenJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    well done ONH.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Webbing must have been on the JI's/whatever or was plce used by choice? Nice to see the new sights getting use, would this be the first time the DF has brought its own weapons to an event like this?
    Last edited by The real Jack; 9th June 2014 at 22:26. Reason: spalling
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Served with two of the guys for a number of yrs totally professional and super soldiers one is still a good friend to this day well done
    To the team . Hopefully we can built on this
    Last edited by kaiser; 9th June 2014 at 23:30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The real Jack View Post
    Webbing must have been on the JI's/whatever or was plce used by choice? Nice to see the new sights getting use, would this be the first time the DF has brought its own weapons to an event like this?
    No.The lads who went over for the first time last year brought all their own kit and weapons.Bit dismayed at how they had to use PLCE this time.It's not compatible with the IPLCS Bergan(Which they used).First team that went over used their issue BV's.it must have been a bitch to make work and very uncomfortable.
    I wonder was PLCE specifically mentioned in the JI's or "CEFO",which changes from country to country.It may have been down to someones interpretation if that was the case?
    Good to see the Acogs getting their first run out.Pity the old slings were used though.
    Last edited by apod; 10th June 2014 at 18:24.
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".

17. Likes The real Jack liked this post
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    PLCE was mentioned in the JI's that I saw, so I assume we played it safe. Last year from what I remember of the cosantoir article, the team that competed had to carry SA80's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
    Served with two of the guys for a number of yrs totally professional and super soldiers one is still a good friend to this day well done
    To the team . Hopefully we can built on this
    Actually.Now that I look at the team photo closer I realise I trained BOTH of those guys.One in the FCA,one in the PDF

Quote Originally Posted by northie View Post
    PLCE was mentioned in the JI's that I saw, so I assume we played it safe. Last year from what I remember of the cosantoir article, the team that competed had to carry SA80's.
    You are dead right.My bad.They were trained up on the SA80A1 before they went,but used the A2 with iron sights over there.My bad.They definetly had full IPLCS though and NVE.I know two of the lads on the last team and was fairly up to speed with the training they got.Better support than the 27BN team got for Cambrian Patrol AFAIK.
    I hope that gets sorted this year.

20. Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody said to me that 208 Medical FH came first and the 205 (Scottish) FH came third in the same event. Are these not TA field hospital units? Was it just Territorial Army units taking place or was it mixed?

Thanks in advance :D!
    "Winston, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your coffee." - Lady Astor....
    ''Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it'' - Winston Churchill

22. Likes Flamingo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewt View Post
    Somebody said to me that 208 Medical FH came first and the 205 (Scottish) FH came third in the same event. Are these not TA field hospital units? Was it just Territorial Army units taking place or was it mixed?

Thanks in advance :D!

It it was a mix of regular medical units and TA units. The regs got their butts handed to them on a plate. Scoucers won, the RDF/PDF 2nd, Jocks 3rd , my mob 4th..

24. Likes Flamingo, SwiftandSure liked this post
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Actually.Now that I look at the team photo closer I realise I trained BOTH of those guys.One in the FCA,one in the PDF

You are dead right.My bad.They were trained up on the SA80A1 before they went,but used the A2 with iron sights over there.My bad.They definetly had full IPLCS though and NVE.I know two of the lads on the last team and was fairly up to speed with the training they got.Better support than the 27BN team got for Cambrian Patrol AFAIK.
    You must be in a long aul time if you trained my mate Cs Dave o connor

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was their rdf on the team??

Post Thanks / Like
    You must be in a long aul time if you trained my mate
    Not him.Two others in that team.

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like

My units team were in close proximity to this years ONH team. They said they looked pretty ally.... which is a compliment I have never heard them utter about anyone who isn't operator as ****

Edit. That was in reference to cambrian patrol. You shoukd hear the rumours that go about about that team!
    Last edited by gibedepusib0ss; 11th June 2014 at 20:42.

29. Likes DeV, Flamingo, Schmigs, Buck liked this post
    Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Napp View Post
    My units team were in close proximity to this years ONH team. They said they looked pretty ally.... which is a compliment I have never heard them utter about anyone who isn't operator as ****

Edit. That was in reference to cambrian patrol. You shoukd hear the rumours that go about about that team!
    tell us more,

BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    That CS is a machine and an utter gentleman.

BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lack of support from which end for the Cambrian Patrol? BA or our own lads?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
    A lack of support from which end for the Cambrian Patrol? BA or our own lads?
    Our own mostly.But bad rumours about how our team were treated by some BA lads.

Thread Information