Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Army's Annual Medical Service Tactical Training Exercise 'Arduous Serpent'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Army's Annual Medical Service Tactical Training Exercise 'Arduous Serpent'

From the facebook page. Well done to all involved.

Well done to the Defence Forces Army team who placed second in the British Army's Annual Medical Service Tactical Training Exercise 'Arduous Serpent'. The British Army's annual competition pits the very best UK Armed Forces medical units and invited foreign military teams against each other. This year each team was assessed at 12 military and medical stands over 24 hours while covering a distance of 20km on foot. The stands were:
    1. IED cordon.
    2. Running of a Role 1 Medical Facility.
    3. Section in Attack.
    4. Concealment of medical facility.
    5. The Combat Estimate.
    6. Falling Plates.
    7. CBRN drills.
    8. Treatment of casualties.
    9. Triage.
    10. Marking of a Helicopter Landing Site.
    11. Log carry and Stretcher race.
    The Irish Defence Force was again invited to attend this year and a team of 11 Army personnel travelled to the competition in Catterick, UK from 05 -09 June 2014. The team came 2nd out of a total of 20 teams.

Last edited by Schmigs; 9 June 2014, 19:28.

Great news and good drills. What units did they come from
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Well done, congrats all round.

My my own team came 4th out of 20. Not bad for a team that did fcuk all for the past 12 months.

Comment

Is there a link to the face book site.

Comment

Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
          Is there a link to the face book site.
          Well done to the Defence Forces Army team who placed second in the British Army's Annual Medical Service Tactical Training Exercise 'Arduous Serpent'....

Comment

CMU. A few very experienced guys there. A lot more to the comp than medical skills. A lot of soldiering involved.
            Well done to all involved.

I trained one of the team as a 2*.I must have done something right
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Thanks .

Comment

Is there a full list of the team positions.
                Last edited by rod and serpent; 9 June 2014, 21:25.

Comment

I know a few of the faces too. Well done to all, an excellent achievement.

As Apod said, some excellent soldiers in that group with plenty of tactical/medic experience behind them.
                  An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

well done ONH.
                    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Webbing must have been on the JI's/whatever or was plce used by choice? Nice to see the new sights getting use, would this be the first time the DF has brought its own weapons to an event like this?
                      Last edited by The real Jack; 9 June 2014, 23:26. Reason: spalling
                      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Served with two of the guys for a number of yrs totally professional and super soldiers one is still a good friend to this day well done
                        To the team . Hopefully we can built on this
                        Last edited by kaiser; 10 June 2014, 00:30.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                          Webbing must have been on the JI's/whatever or was plce used by choice? Nice to see the new sights getting use, would this be the first time the DF has brought its own weapons to an event like this?
                          No.The lads who went over for the first time last year brought all their own kit and weapons.Bit dismayed at how they had to use PLCE this time.It's not compatible with the IPLCS Bergan(Which they used).First team that went over used their issue BV's.it must have been a bitch to make work and very uncomfortable.
                          I wonder was PLCE specifically mentioned in the JI's or "CEFO",which changes from country to country.It may have been down to someones interpretation if that was the case?
                          Good to see the Acogs getting their first run out.Pity the old slings were used though.
                          Last edited by apod; 10 June 2014, 19:24.
                          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

PLCE was mentioned in the JI's that I saw, so I assume we played it safe. Last year from what I remember of the cosantoir article, the team that competed had to carry SA80's.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                              Served with two of the guys for a number of yrs totally professional and super soldiers one is still a good friend to this day well done
                              To the team . Hopefully we can built on this
                              Actually.Now that I look at the team photo closer I realise I trained BOTH of those guys.One in the FCA,one in the PDF

Originally posted by northie View Post
                              PLCE was mentioned in the JI's that I saw, so I assume we played it safe. Last year from what I remember of the cosantoir article, the team that competed had to carry SA80's.
                              You are dead right.My bad.They were trained up on the SA80A1 before they went,but used the A2 with iron sights over there.My bad.They definetly had full IPLCS though and NVE.I know two of the lads on the last team and was fairly up to speed with the training they got.Better support than the 27BN team got for Cambrian Patrol AFAIK.
                              I hope that gets sorted this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X