Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Army's Annual Medical Service Tactical Training Exercise 'Arduous Serpent'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody said to me that 208 Medical FH came first and the 205 (Scottish) FH came third in the same event. Are these not TA field hospital units? Was it just Territorial Army units taking place or was it mixed?

Thanks in advance :D!
    "Winston, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your coffee." - Lady Astor....
    ''Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it'' - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Mewt View Post
      Somebody said to me that 208 Medical FH came first and the 205 (Scottish) FH came third in the same event. Are these not TA field hospital units? Was it just Territorial Army units taking place or was it mixed?

Thanks in advance :D!

It it was a mix of regular medical units and TA units. The regs got their butts handed to them on a plate. Scoucers won, the RDF/PDF 2nd, Jocks 3rd , my mob 4th..

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
        Actually.Now that I look at the team photo closer I realise I trained BOTH of those guys.One in the FCA,one in the PDF

You are dead right.My bad.They were trained up on the SA80A1 before they went,but used the A2 with iron sights over there.My bad.They definetly had full IPLCS though and NVE.I know two of the lads on the last team and was fairly up to speed with the training they got.Better support than the 27BN team got for Cambrian Patrol AFAIK.
        I hope that gets sorted this year.
        You must be in a long aul time if you trained my mate Cs Dave o connor

Comment

Was their rdf on the team??

Comment

You must be in a long aul time if you trained my mate
            Not him.Two others in that team.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Actually.Now that I look at the team photo closer I realise I trained BOTH of those guys.One in the FCA,one in the PDF

You are dead right.My bad.They were trained up on the SA80A1 before they went,but used the A2 with iron sights over there.My bad.They definetly had full IPLCS though and NVE.I know two of the lads on the last team and was fairly up to speed with the training they got.Better support than the 27BN team got for Cambrian Patrol AFAIK.
              My units team were in close proximity to this years ONH team. They said they looked pretty ally.... which is a compliment I have never heard them utter about anyone who isn't operator as ****

Edit. That was in reference to cambrian patrol. You shoukd hear the rumours that go about about that team!
              Last edited by gibedepusib0ss; 11 June 2014, 21:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Napp View Post
                My units team were in close proximity to this years ONH team. They said they looked pretty ally.... which is a compliment I have never heard them utter about anyone who isn't operator as ****

Edit. That was in reference to cambrian patrol. You shoukd hear the rumours that go about about that team!
                tell us more,

Comment

That CS is a machine and an utter gentleman.

Comment

A lack of support from which end for the Cambrian Patrol? BA or our own lads?

Comment

Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                      A lack of support from which end for the Cambrian Patrol? BA or our own lads?
                      Our own mostly.But bad rumours about how our team were treated by some BA lads.
                      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Our own mostly.But bad rumours about how our team were treated by some BA lads.
                        I know a few of the lads on the team. They had no snags our own end as far as I know, they were upto their gills in training, got a dig out from the IWW and other Unit's as well.

Comment

Guys, I need to clear up my post! My mates thought the ONH team on Cambrian Patrol were brilliant. Rumours of them smashing events left right and centre lead to rumours that the DF had sent the ranger wing! The model pit was apparently friggin' awesome, SF level like!

Originally posted by sofa View Post
                          tell us more,
                          That's all I got!

I did hear about a **** up regarding accomodation but that's all I heard. I wasn't there, I wish I was though, and I hope whatever fcukwittery that went down doesn't discourage lads from next years event.

Comment

...But bad rumours about how our team were treated by some BA lads.
                            it came up - your people had the good manners not to mention it, but it came up anyway. its not something that will happen again.

Comment

Great to see the people being sent are being so well regarded by our counterparts. I'm not surprised but it's nice to hear all the same.
                              I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                              Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                              Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                              And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                              With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                              He put a bullet through his brain.
                              And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                              Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                              Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                              The hell where youth and laughter go.