Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermediate Sniper Course

Training sights on the bad guys

HOUSE proud bargain hunters are in for a treat as Emma Bridgewater is having a huge sale on its designer crockery. The luxury tableware is kitchen-goals for any home but with mugs costing as much a…
    Last edited by Rhodes; 15 June 2014, 21:27. Reason: fix link

What?

Comment

Originally posted by Napp View Post
      What?
      Its fixed now, I copy and pasted the wrong link by mistake.

Comment

Ah right, spotted the actual link on fb a moment ago! Didn't realise DF trained at the O'Brien Institute, there's isn't much room to maneuver around by the ISOs, and there's only one approach along the green. And don't forget the local knackers who come and throw rocks at the appliances whenever they are by the ISOs... I remember one day we had the hoses charged to drench the little ****s but they never turned up that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Napp View Post
          Ah right, spotted the actual link on fb a moment ago! Didn't realise DF trained at the O'Brien Institute, there's isn't much room to maneuver around by the ISOs, and there's only one approach along the green. And don't forget the local knackers who come and throw rocks at the appliances whenever they are by the ISOs... I remember one day we had the hoses charged to drench the little ****s but they never turned up that day.
          Water would be no deterrent on it's own, you need to add soap. Like salt to a snail

Comment

I take it that's "Intermediate" as in "Basic, Intermediate, Advanced" Sniper Courses

So why would the basic one be conducted (IIRC) IWW, while an Intermediate one be conducted at unit level ?

Just curious on this one, thought it would be the other way around...
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
              I take it that's "Intermediate" as in "Basic, Intermediate, Advanced" Sniper Courses

So why would the basic one be conducted (IIRC) IWW, while an Intermediate one be conducted at unit level ?

Basic Sniper Course's are normally run at unit level.

Comment

IWW generally only run (in the master anyway) the instructors courses.

I think they are also responsible for badge testing

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

The Basic Sniper Cse is run at Unit level, IWW just runs badge week.

IWW run the Instructor Cse, Basic and Intermediate are being ran at Unit level.

Comment

I think someone has delusions of grandeur up there.Snipers don't rescue hostages.Even SOF ones,which 7 BN aint.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                      I think someone has delusions of grandeur up there.Snipers don't rescue hostages.Even SOF ones,which 7 BN aint.
                      Funnily enough, that occurred to me too, when I read it...
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

You have to keep it simple of a jurno

Comment

I think it more likely that the whole piece was fabricated from the 'journalist's imagination. I can't imagine an Army Ex using real world OPFOR for the scenario. Let alone the rest of the borrocksorodgy
                          "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                            A gang of snipers doing a raid by themselves... No. Just no.

Comment

"Elite Snipers" !?!?! What do these "Elite" guys do that "ordinary" Snipers don't ?

Nice pics, but the article is unrealistic, unless you guys use your Snipers very differently from us...

Can someone clarify what the "intermediate" Sniper course covers ?

We have 3 levels of Sniper trg: Sniper, Sniper Det Commander, and Master Sniper.
                              "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X