No announcement yet.

How shit is Commando School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we got them on issue - apparently it finally occured to someone that there aren't always conveniently located trees or structures to hitch your basha up to...

i'm given to understand - not that i'm overly fixated by the blanket stacking world - that there are 3 types of basha currently in circulation, they're all just different contracts rather than three design philosophies, two come with poles and one doesn't, and the one that doesn't is steadily being replaced by those that do.

Comment

I've never seen them on issue. Ever. I've been through about 8 poles in my 3 years, including the ones I had to buy when I was at basic training.

Comment

Originally posted by Napp View Post
        I've never seen them on issue. Ever. I've been through about 8 poles in my 3 years, including the ones I had to buy when I was at basic training.
        Army loves me...

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
          Just as a quick segway.I noticed during the basha building segment of last mondays episode that the recruit were all using "Bivi poles".I know RVOPS,ran by ex marines does a nice little trade in them,but are they private purchase by the recruits or now on issue to HM forces??
          Well the instructors were not going to be uncomfortable anyway. In hooped bivi while the recruits roughed it in bashas.

Also, and I found this a bit rich, a Trg Cpl creasing a recruit over the state of his haircut, when HE, and some other members of the Trg Team are going around like hippies. Who do they think they are, the Wing?
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by ropebag View Post
            Army loves me...
            Rename Napp to Leaky Tap!

Comment

I have become a bit fixated with this program (car crash TV I suppose). One thing I have noticed is that no-one has actually passed. It seems that everyone the focus on drops out for some reason or another.

Comment

I believe this Troop features in the documentary...can't remember which but a couple of them were amalgamated.

Massive achievement
                'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Well done!
                  'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                  'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                  Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                  He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                  http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

One one of the earlier episodes I notices they were wearing incredibly gucci looking lightweight waterproofs, it made me sad as I looked at my ridiculously heavy DPM ones.
                    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

There's always going to be a certain amount of playing it up for the cameras and a certain amount of concealing the shit, such as beasting of recruits or of injuries and the mindless shite Depot people visit on recruits or of recruits fighting each other. I watched the original "Para" series years ago and it was bloody tough.

Comment

"Soldiers to be" I remember being on maybe pre 2000 was good at the time I think from what I vaguely remember.
                        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                          "Soldiers to be" I remember being on maybe pre 2000 was good at the time I think from what I vaguely remember.
                          I remember it well, Billy Bragg did the voice over for it. It was nothing more than a recruiting tool for the Light Infantry and the Royal Green Jackets.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                            There's always going to be a certain amount of playing it up for the cameras and a certain amount of concealing the shit, such as beasting of recruits or of injuries and the mindless shite Depot people visit on recruits or of recruits fighting each other. I watched the original "Para" series years ago and it was bloody tough.
                            I remember watching that series on the BBC website. Quite good. Some right hairdos in it though! Search for "A very British institution" and you should find the home page where there are a pile of military documentaries from down the years that the Beeb did
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

For anyone missing a more robust view of Royal Marine training: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK9e-bUZq14

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                                For anyone missing a more robust view of Royal Marine training: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK9e-bUZq14
                                Big Change in approach
                                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                                X