No announcement yet.

curragh open day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great day great show. Big turn out i believe any civvies with no army ties must of been impressed

Comment

The turn out exceeded the organisers own expectation, especially given the relatively low key publicity.

Have to say it was a great day and well done to all involved. The plan is for it to be an annual event and there were df personnel going around taking a survey of peoples opinions.

The CoS was there and he was mixing and chatting to everyone.

The only niggles related to parking and because of the time frame it was a rush to try get round and see everything. Also for some reason they brought forward the "battle" and this led to the typical "hurry up and wait" scenario.

On a personal level it was great getting to meet up with some old comrades.
      Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Also for some reason they brought forward the "battle" and this led to the typical "hurry up and wait" scenario.
        it was 1700 by the time they got going it was extremely late, the timetabling needed a bit of work.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I was talking to one officer n he said the timetable was drawn up anticipating fewer people arriving and arriving for 2pm. He joked about civvys turning up when it pleased them.

The battle was timetabled for 5, brought forward to 4.45 and kicked off around 5. Not sure what happened there.

Best comment went to the woman beside me who complained that the explosions were scaring the sheep.
          Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

The UAV circling above relaying what it was seeing onto the large screen for all to see was neat.

Comment

What was the story with the old timer manning the 18 pounder.?? F&*king ancient. full reg DPMs and a Colonel Saunders beard.
              Are we doing direct transfers with the Confederates or something

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
                What was the story with the old timer manning the 18 pounder.?? F&*king ancient. full reg DPMs and a Colonel Saunders beard.
                Are we doing direct transfers with the Confederates or something
                That was Uncle Albert , he use to be in ' The Navy '
                Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Working...
                X