No announcement yet.

No more Israeli made kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reminded of Field Marshal Slim, who commented on one operation (where he was hitting a Japanese brigade with two divisions) "There is nothing wrong with using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, if you have a sledgehammer and don't care what the nut looks like afterwards"...

I don't see what a proportionate response from Israel would be. As I said earlier, the reason for the disparity in the body count is because the Israelis are better at it than Hamas.

Lots of countries ignore UN resolutions, or block them in the case of the Permanent Members. Is Ireland going to boycott them all?

If it comes to that, who is marching to protest against Egypt blockading Gaza?
    Last edited by Flamingo; 10 August 2014, 19:27.
    'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Turkey View Post
      Jungle hamas have a better PR machine, it's as simple as that...
      I'm well aware of that; it's exactly what I was saying in my first post in this thread.

Make no mistake: hamas, like hezbollah, the taliban, or the Soviets during the Cold War, consider those in the Western hemisphere who eat up their crap to be "useful idiots".
      "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

the nearest thing to a perceived proportional response for Israel would be an advance into Gaza with ground troops with limited support, which should hold down , but not eliminate civillian casualties, but since hamas are a lot more powerful then our gender confused media make out , there would be a blood bath with bodybags being delivered to every town and village in Israel, and there would still be protest marches in Dublin by the damn ignorant.
        "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
        Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
        Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Turkey View Post
          the nearest thing to a perceived proportional response for Israel would be an advance into Gaza with ground troops with limited support, which should hold down , but not eliminate civillian casualties, but since hamas are a lot more powerful then our gender confused media make out , there would be a blood bath with bodybags being delivered to every town and village in Israel, and there would still be protest marches in Dublin by the damn ignorant.
          Close the borders, interdict the arms (and tunnels), 24/7 airborne armed surveillance

Or occupy and clear

Is a salvo of 155mm into a heavily populated civilian area proportional to 2/3 small rockets?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
            Close the borders, interdict the arms (and tunnels), 24/7 airborne armed surveillance

Or occupy and clear
            Occupy and clear ?? Do you have any idea what the task verb "clear" means ? "Clear" is a tactical mission task that requires the commander to remove all enemy forces and eliminate organized resistance within an assigned area. The force does this by destroying, capturing, or forcing the withdrawal of enemy forces so they cannot interfere with the friendly unit's mission. Do you think the civilians would be spared in an operation of this kind ? I don't think the bleeding hearts are ready to witness what Israel could do to Gaza if they decided to "clear" it...

"On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

The Israeli response is completely out of proportion. All they are doing is creating more terrorists!
              when a mosquito lands on your flesh and bites you - you don't kill it with another mosquito - you swat it with brute force to destroy it.

Israel is simply swatting the mosquito that is Hamas - unfortunately innocent non-combatants around it are also are being killed- but this is what happens in a war on terror when your enemy hides among the local population.

the people who condemn Israel would be better placed to switch fire and condemn ISIS and express their opinion that something should be done to stop the blatant deliberate mass murder and slaughter of innocent Christians and Muslims and anyone who does not support ISIS - instead of wasting their time criticising a nation defending itself.

the Israeli mission is to live in peace, while the Hamas mission is to destroy Israel, and if they destroy Israel, then who will be next?

maybe a nice Hamas alliance with ISIS would be on the cards?

let's leave Israel to get on with it's war on terror and lets try stop the terror spread by ISIS instead.

back on topic - Israeli kit is obviously well proven in combat, so if it's decent kit - why should their war on terror put you off buying it?

just buy it.
              Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 10 August 2014, 21:24.
              RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Battletour View Post
                Children being hung on railings so as IAF pilots will not fire.[ATTACH]7685[/ATTACH]
                Show us this picture.

Comment

Well said RGJ.

This concept of proportionate response? Where did this come from? The haries, the press etc. are banding this about like it was some sort of doctrine. It is not except in IS.
                  In any case what is considered a 'proportionate' response to 8000 rockets fired indiscriminately at your citizens. The reason the Israelis have not suffered massive casualties is because they have bomb shelters, a well trained population, the Iron Dome and a military that does its best to protect their citizens. if these measures were not in place they would have had 'proportionate' casualties. The reason that Gaza has the amount of casualties they have is because Hamas did not build bomb shelters and because they use the citizens of Gaza to protect their weapons. They put weapons in mosques, schools and houses and force people to stay in those places following warnings from the IDF. Gaza also is not the most densely populated place on earth. It has about the same density as London. NY, Hanoi, Calcutta, Paris, Athens and many more location are as much as four times as populated. Gaza also has many open spaces that are not affected by the counter attack. It also has tunnels where people could have sheltered. Go figure.

Dev what's with the two or three small rockets? What's a small rocket heading for your family home? Rockets such as the M 302 which has a 375 pound warhead and a range of 125 miles are hardly a threat? Its like saying a Shinner had a small gun!

RGJ is also right about a Hamas Isis alliance. We ain't seen nothing yet.

Turkey if you think this post is inflammatory ....well I'm sorry but people need to be woken up to the truth. It appears that this realisation will come dripping slow but people have to speak up, stand up and be counted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                    Show us this picture.

Is the link not working? It works for me.

I hope it works this time. Maybe it should carry a warning before you view it. Let me know if it does not show.

Comment

Is the link not working? It works for me. [ATTACH]7686[/ATTACH]

I hope it works this time. Maybe it should carry a warning before you view it. Let me know if it does not show.
                      This is the message I get: Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Never give up!!"

Comment

Well said RGJ.

This concept of proportionate response? Where did this come from? The haries, the press etc. are banding this about like it was some sort of doctrine. It is not except in IS.
                        In any case what is considered a 'proportionate' response to 8000 rockets fired indiscriminately at your citizens. The reason the Israelis have not suffered massive casualties is because they have bomb shelters, a well trained population, the Iron Dome and a military that does its best to protect their citizens. if these measures were not in place they would have had 'proportionate' casualties. The reason that Gaza has the amount of casualties they have is because Hamas did not build bomb shelters and because they use the citizens of Gaza to protect their weapons. They put weapons in mosques, schools and houses and force people to stay in those places following warnings from the IDF. Gaza also is not the most densely populated place on earth. It has about the same density as London. NY, Hanoi, Calcutta, Paris, Athens and many more location are as much as four times as populated. Gaza also has many open spaces that are not affected by the counter attack. It also has tunnels where people could have sheltered. Go figure.

Dev what's with the two or three small rockets? What's a small rocket heading for your family home? Rockets such as the M 302 which has a 375 pound warhead and a range of 125 miles are hardly a threat? Its like saying a Shinner had a small gun!

RGJ is also right about a Hamas Isis alliance. We ain't seen nothing yet.

Turkey if you think this post is inflammatory ....well I'm sorry but people need to be woken up to the truth. It appears that this realisation will come dripping slow but people have to speak up, stand up and be counted.
                        We are not talking about guided missiles here by the way they are unguided rockets

On ISIS...... where did they come from? answer is Syria, they are one of the rebel groups

Yet the EU was blocked from imposing an arms embargo on the rebel groups

The West should have been more careful who they supported in Syria!

Comment

The West should have been more careful who they supported in Syria!
                          Hindsight is always 20/20...

Never give up!!"

Comment

So thousands of unguided rockets fired at towns and cities is not much of a threat?

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle View Post
                              Hindsight is always 20/20...
                              Except the West knew that some of the rebel groups were jihadists and allied to AQ (it was even in the media before stories of ISIS started appearing)

Comment

Or occupy and clear

Is a salvo of 155mm into a heavily populated civilian area proportional to 2/3 small rockets?
                                The first has been tried.

The second would be possible, it worked in the Leb, didn't it? Oh, hang on...

On a personal basis, if somebody fired two or three small rockets at my home and family, it would not be a salvo of 155mm I would fire, I'd obliterate the grid square they came from, and then the eight around it to make sure. But I never claimed to be nice.
                                Last edited by Flamingo; 11 August 2014, 00:22.
                                'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                                'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                                Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                                He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                                http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Working...
                                X