Stationed in Collins Bks Dublin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stationed in Collins Bks Dublin?

Are you a former soldier in the Irish army?
    Were you stationed in Collins Barracks?

· The National Museum of Ireland invites former army residents of Collins Barracks to come and share their experiences of what life was like at Collins Barracks and help contribute to the growing oral history archive at Collins Barracks.

· On Thursday 28th August during Heritage Week, join Museum Educator Edith Andrees and share your experiences of life at Collins Barracks and, through recorded interviews, help us to uncover the history that often goes unwritten.

· Booking essential – contact: bookings@museum.ie or

Tel: 01 6486453 (10am-5pm Monday - Friday)

· If you can’t make it on the 28th August, but would still like to share your memories and stories, please contact us:
    Email: bookings@museum.ie

Tel: 01 6486453 (10am-5pm Monday - Friday)
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.
Working...
X